Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Money script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Money script Post 18351 by Perderabo on Wednesday 27th of March 2002 08:28:12 AM
Old 03-27-2002
Well I would use sed...
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh
typeset -Z11 raw
raw=$1
format=$(echo $raw | sed 's/\(...\)\(...\)\(...\)\(..\)/\1,\2,\3.\4/')
format=${format##+([0,])}
[[ $format = .* ]] && format=0${format}
echo $format
exit 0

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Money/Currency (U.S.)

I have looked everywhere. Does bash have a money/currency format for output? Do I have to use awk or printf? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
4 Replies
T1MAC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  T1MAC(1)

NAME
t1mac - translate a PFA or PFB PostScript Type 1 font into Macintosh format SYNOPSIS
t1mac [--macbinary | --applesingle | --appledouble | --binhex | --raw] [--filename name] [input [output]] DESCRIPTION
t1mac reads a PFA (hexadecimal) or PFB (binary) PostScript Type 1 font file and generates an equivalent Macintosh Type 1 font file. The output file can be in MacBinary II, AppleSingle, AppleDouble, or BinHex format, or it can be a raw resource fork. The default is MacBinary II; use an option to choose a different format. If the output file is not specified output goes to the standard output. WARNING: The output of t1mac is not sufficient to use the font, since Macintoshes can't read raw Type 1 fonts. You will need to create a font suitcase containing bitmap fonts if you do not have such a suitcase for the font already. t1mac cannot help you do this. OPTIONS
--raw, -r Indicates that output should be a raw resource fork. --macbinary Indicates that output should be in MacBinary I or II format. This is the default. --applesingle Indicates that output should be in AppleSingle format. --appledouble Indicates that output should be in AppleDouble format. --binhex Indicates that output should be in BinHex 4.0 format. --filename=name, -n name Sets the Macintosh filename of the output font to name. The default is to construct the filename from the font's name using estab- lished Macintosh conventions. This option is not useful when output is a raw resource fork. SEE ALSO
t1unmac(1), t1ascii(1), t1binary(1), t1asm(1), t1disasm(1) AUTHORS
Eddie Kohler (ekohler@gmail.com) Version 1.37 T1MAC(1)