Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete some line
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers delete some line Post 18347 by inpavan on Wednesday 27th of March 2002 06:54:51 AM
Old 03-27-2002
alisev,

This is already been answered. Search the forum.

sed '/bbb/d' your_file_name > new_file_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to delete line with matching text and line immediately after

hello experts, I have a file: File1 Sample Test1 This is a Test Sample Test2 Another Test Final Test3 A final Test I can use sed to delete the line with specific text ie: sed '/Test2/d' File1.txt > File2.txt How can I delete the line with the matching text and the line immediately... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete text from line starting pattern1 up to line before pattern2?

My data is xml'ish (here is an excerpt) :- <bag name="mybag1" version="1.0"/> <contents id="coins"/> <bag name="mybag2" version="1.1"/> <contents id="clothes"/> <contents id="shoes"/> <bag name="mybag3" version="1.6"/> I want to delete line containing mybag2 and its subsequent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: repudi8or
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Grep to delete line containing patter plus extra line

I'm new to using sed and grep commands, but have found them extremely useful. However I am having a hard time figuring this one out: Delete every line containing the word CEN and the next line as well. ie. test.txt blue 324 CEN green red blue 324 CEN green red blue to produce:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocketman88
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific line and delete line after.

I'm looking for a way to search a file, in this case init.rc for a specific match, service adbd /sbin/adbd, and delete the a specific line after it Original: # adbd is controlled by the persist.service.adb.enable system property service adbd /sbin/adbd disabled After deletion: #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GabrialDestruir
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to delete files line by line in .txt document

Friends, I am in need to delete files from a directory on a regular basis. I want to place all the files to be deleted in delete .txt file and require a script to delete files, line by line from this delete.txt file. Please help me with this script as am new to unix scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
3 Replies

10. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies
STRTOK(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STRTOK(3)

NAME
strtok, strtok_r - extract tokens from strings SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> char *strtok(char *str, const char *delim); char *strtok_r(char *str, const char *delim, char **saveptr); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): strtok_r(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE || /* Glibc versions <= 2.19: */ _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The strtok() function breaks a string into a sequence of zero or more nonempty tokens. On the first call to strtok(), the string to be parsed should be specified in str. In each subsequent call that should parse the same string, str must be NULL. The delim argument specifies a set of bytes that delimit the tokens in the parsed string. The caller may specify different strings in delim in successive calls that parse the same string. Each call to strtok() returns a pointer to a null-terminated string containing the next token. This string does not include the delimiting byte. If no more tokens are found, strtok() returns NULL. A sequence of calls to strtok() that operate on the same string maintains a pointer that determines the point from which to start searching for the next token. The first call to strtok() sets this pointer to point to the first byte of the string. The start of the next token is determined by scanning forward for the next nondelimiter byte in str. If such a byte is found, it is taken as the start of the next token. If no such byte is found, then there are no more tokens, and strtok() returns NULL. (A string that is empty or that contains only delim- iters will thus cause strtok() to return NULL on the first call.) The end of each token is found by scanning forward until either the next delimiter byte is found or until the terminating null byte ('') is encountered. If a delimiter byte is found, it is overwritten with a null byte to terminate the current token, and strtok() saves a pointer to the following byte; that pointer will be used as the starting point when searching for the next token. In this case, strtok() returns a pointer to the start of the found token. From the above description, it follows that a sequence of two or more contiguous delimiter bytes in the parsed string is considered to be a single delimiter, and that delimiter bytes at the start or end of the string are ignored. Put another way: the tokens returned by strtok() are always nonempty strings. Thus, for example, given the string "aaa;;bbb,", successive calls to strtok() that specify the delimiter string ";," would return the strings "aaa" and "bbb", and then a null pointer. The strtok_r() function is a reentrant version strtok(). The saveptr argument is a pointer to a char * variable that is used internally by strtok_r() in order to maintain context between successive calls that parse the same string. On the first call to strtok_r(), str should point to the string to be parsed, and the value of saveptr is ignored. In subsequent calls, str should be NULL, and saveptr should be unchanged since the previous call. Different strings may be parsed concurrently using sequences of calls to strtok_r() that specify different saveptr arguments. RETURN VALUE
The strtok() and strtok_r() functions return a pointer to the next token, or NULL if there are no more tokens. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-----------+---------------+-----------------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-----------+---------------+-----------------------+ |strtok() | Thread safety | MT-Unsafe race:strtok | +-----------+---------------+-----------------------+ |strtok_r() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +-----------+---------------+-----------------------+ CONFORMING TO
strtok() POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, C89, C99, SVr4, 4.3BSD. strtok_r() POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. BUGS
Be cautious when using these functions. If you do use them, note that: * These functions modify their first argument. * These functions cannot be used on constant strings. * The identity of the delimiting byte is lost. * The strtok() function uses a static buffer while parsing, so it's not thread safe. Use strtok_r() if this matters to you. EXAMPLE
The program below uses nested loops that employ strtok_r() to break a string into a two-level hierarchy of tokens. The first command-line argument specifies the string to be parsed. The second argument specifies the delimiter byte(s) to be used to separate that string into "major" tokens. The third argument specifies the delimiter byte(s) to be used to separate the "major" tokens into subtokens. An example of the output produced by this program is the following: $ ./a.out 'a/bbb///cc;xxx:yyy:' ':;' '/' 1: a/bbb///cc --> a --> bbb --> cc 2: xxx --> xxx 3: yyy --> yyy Program source #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char *str1, *str2, *token, *subtoken; char *saveptr1, *saveptr2; int j; if (argc != 4) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s string delim subdelim ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } for (j = 1, str1 = argv[1]; ; j++, str1 = NULL) { token = strtok_r(str1, argv[2], &saveptr1); if (token == NULL) break; printf("%d: %s ", j, token); for (str2 = token; ; str2 = NULL) { subtoken = strtok_r(str2, argv[3], &saveptr2); if (subtoken == NULL) break; printf(" --> %s ", subtoken); } } exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } Another example program using strtok() can be found in getaddrinfo_a(3). SEE ALSO
index(3), memchr(3), rindex(3), strchr(3), string(3), strpbrk(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), wcstok(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 STRTOK(3)