Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rolling back time
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rolling back time Post 18190 by chenly on Monday 25th of March 2002 02:50:09 PM
Old 03-25-2002
Computer xntpd

Yes, xntpd is the best way to get the time back in whack.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

2. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Linux

Rolling Back an Update

I am writing a software product and hope that it will work on a variety of Linux distributions. At the moment, I am trying to create some kind of Linux version of patches/upgrades of installed software. Gathering information on available updates isn't hard, nor is installation of updates, but I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brandon9000
27 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rolling back SQL transaction

Can some one help me related to .sql file issue. I have a .sqlfile and tried to read the file thru unix. In the .sqlfile I have error rows as well and when error comes I dont want to proceed further and need to roll back all the transactions. sample .sql file below insert into test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
2 Replies
CTIME(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  CTIME(3)

NAME
ctime, localtime, gmtime, asctime, timezone, tzset - convert date and time to ASCII SYNOPSIS
void tzset() char *ctime(clock) time_t *clock; #include <time.h> char *asctime(tm) struct tm *tm; struct tm *localtime(clock) time_t *clock; struct tm *gmtime(clock) time_t *clock; char *timezone(zone, dst) DESCRIPTION
Tzset uses the value of the environment variable TZ to set up the time conversion information used by localtime. If TZ does not appear in the environment, the TZDEFAULT file (as defined in tzfile.h) is used by localtime. If this file fails for any reason, the GMT offset as provided by the kernel is used. In this case, DST is ignored, resulting in the time being incorrect by some amount if DST is currently in effect. If this fails for any reason, GMT is used. If TZ appears in the environment but its value is a null string, Greenwich Mean Time is used; if TZ appears and begins with a slash, it is used as the absolute pathname of the tzfile(5)-format file from which to read the time conversion information; if TZ appears and begins with a character other than a slash, it's used as a pathname relative to the system time conversion information directory, defined as TZDIR in the include file tzfile.h. If this file fails for any reason, GMT is used. Programs that always wish to use local wall clock time should explicitly remove the environmental variable TZ with unsetenv(3). Ctime converts a long integer, pointed to by clock, such as returned by time(2) into ASCII and returns a pointer to a 26-character string in the following form. All the fields have constant width. Sun Sep 16 01:03:52 1973 Localtime and gmtime return pointers to structures containing the broken-down time. Localtime corrects for the time zone and possible day- light savings time; gmtime converts directly to GMT, which is the time UNIX uses. Asctime converts a broken-down time to ASCII and returns a pointer to a 26-character string. The structure declaration from the include file is: struct tm { int tm_sec; /* 0-59 seconds */ int tm_min; /* 0-59 minutes */ int tm_hour; /* 0-23 hour */ int tm_mday; /* 1-31 day of month */ int tm_mon; /* 0-11 month */ int tm_year; /* 0- year - 1900 */ int tm_wday; /* 0-6 day of week (Sunday = 0) */ int tm_yday; /* 0-365 day of year */ int tm_isdst; /* flag: daylight savings time in effect */ char **tm_zone; /* abbreviation of timezone name */ long tm_gmtoff; /* offset from GMT in seconds */ }; Tm_isdst is non-zero if a time zone adjustment such as Daylight Savings time is in effect. Tm_gmtoff is the offset (in seconds) of the time represented from GMT, with positive values indicating East of Greenwich. Timezone remains for compatibility reasons only; it's impossible to reliably map timezone's arguments (zone, a "minutes west of GMT" value and dst, a "daylight saving time in effect" flag) to a time zone abbreviation. If the environmental string TZNAME exists, timezone returns its value, unless it consists of two comma separated strings, in which case the second string is returned if dst is non-zero, else the first string. If TZNAME doesn't exist, zone is checked for equality with a built-in table of values, in which case timezone returns the time zone or daylight time zone abbreviation associated with that value. If the requested zone does not appear in the table, the difference from GMT is returned; e.g. in Afghanistan, timezone(-(60*4+30), 0) is appropri- ate because it is 4:30 ahead of GMT, and the string GMT+4:30 is returned. Programs that in the past used the timezone function should return the zone name as set by localtime to assure correctness. FILES
/usr/share/zoneinfotime zone information directory /etc/localtime local time zone file SEE ALSO
gettimeofday(2), getenv(3), time(3), tzfile(5), environ(7) NOTE
The return values point to static data whose content is overwritten by each call. The tm_zone field of a returned struct tm points to a static array of characters, which will also be overwritten at the next call (and by calls to tzset). 4th Berkeley Distribution November 27, 1996 CTIME(3)