Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rolling back time
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rolling back time Post 18144 by Cameron on Monday 25th of March 2002 04:26:35 AM
Old 03-25-2002
Question Rolling back time

Hi all,

Have a small problem.
Back in October the pervious sys-admin (of a client's company) made the necessary adjustments to the system clock for daylight savings (Sydney time - +11 GMT).

As far as I can gather, they just amended the time - NO TIMEZONE !?!

Is there an effective and safe way that I might be able to roll-back the system-clock without droping the system altogether?

The system is (I believe) SCO OpenServer 5.0.5..

Any assistance with this will be appreciated as the rollback date is at the end of this month.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

2. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Linux

Rolling Back an Update

I am writing a software product and hope that it will work on a variety of Linux distributions. At the moment, I am trying to create some kind of Linux version of patches/upgrades of installed software. Gathering information on available updates isn't hard, nor is installation of updates, but I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brandon9000
27 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rolling back SQL transaction

Can some one help me related to .sql file issue. I have a .sqlfile and tried to read the file thru unix. In the .sqlfile I have error rows as well and when error comes I dont want to proceed further and need to roll back all the transactions. sample .sql file below insert into test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
2 Replies
CTIME(2)							System Calls Manual							  CTIME(2)

NAME
ctime, localtime, gmtime, asctime, timezone - convert date and time to ASCII SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libc.h> char* ctime(long clock) Tm* localtime(long clock) Tm* gmtime(long clock) char* asctime(Tm *tm) /env/timezone DESCRIPTION
Ctime converts a time clock such as returned by time(2) into ASCII (sic) and returns a pointer to a 30-byte string in the following form. All the fields have constant width. Wed Aug 5 01:07:47 EST 1973 Localtime and gmtime return pointers to structures containing the broken-down time. Localtime corrects for the time zone and possible day- light savings time; gmtime converts directly to GMT. Asctime converts a broken-down time to ASCII and returns a pointer to a 30-byte string. typedef struct { int sec; /* seconds (range 0..59) */ int min; /* minutes (0..59) */ int hour; /* hours (0..23) */ int mday; /* day of the month (1..31) */ int mon; /* month of the year (0..11) */ int year; /* year A.D. - 1900 */ int wday; /* day of week (0..6, Sunday = 0) */ int yday; /* day of year (0..365) */ char zone[4]; /* time zone name */ } Tm; When local time is first requested, the program consults the timezone environment variable to determine the time zone and converts accord- ingly. (This variable is set at system boot time by init(8).) The timezone variable contains the normal time zone name and its difference from GMT in seconds followed by an alternate (daylight) time zone name and its difference followed by a newline. The remainder is a list of pairs of times (seconds past the start of 1970, in the first time zone) when the alternate time zone applies. For example: EST -18000 EDT -14400 9943200 25664400 41392800 57718800 ... Greenwich Mean Time is represented by GMT 0 SOURCE
/sys/src/libc/9sys SEE ALSO
date(1), time(2), init(8) BUGS
The return values point to static data whose content is overwritten by each call. Daylight Savings Time is ``normal'' in the Southern hemisphere. These routines are not equipped to handle non-ASCII text, and are provincial anyway. CTIME(2)