Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redirect
Special Forums IP Networking Redirect Post 17770 by <Therapy> on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 04:03:59 AM
Old 03-20-2002
Question Redirect

I'm sittig behind a firewall that doesn't allow ftp. I have a conection to a UNIX system, connecting throug SSH. Is it possible to redirect the ftp through the UNIX to my computer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect question

Hi, I need some help to achive the follwoing task: I have a file named test that contain the following line: 'Hellow world','good morning' I want to attach the content of this file to a variable named var , and then rediarect it to a second file bamed test_new. The result should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot redirect ouput?????

Hello experts, I'm testing a program that prints error message to the screen. I want to redirect the output to a file using >. but the message only prints on screen and not writing to the file, Any suggestion on what I might try? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
3 Replies

3. Programming

redirect stdout

hello again! i use dup2 to redirect stdout. I run what i want, now i want undo this redirection. how can i do that? thanx in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous redirect

Hello there, I'm totally new in bash programming and ran into my first problem. My script should generate 3 textfiles where the content of the first and the third row are the same in each file. Only the second row is different. This is what I did in a very simplified explanation: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johndoe
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail MX redirect

Hi I have a working sendmail setup for my domain, but would like to run a subdomain on another machine. I could try below, but its a production server and worry about messing it up. Hence the question. So I have machine names: mydomain.com (mail server) dev.mydomain.com currently the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtrava01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Problem

Hi, I have perl script which is calling an external command using "system()" with argument. But i am not able to capture the output.Even tried with backtick also with no luck. . . $number=<>; system ("cmd $number >output.txt"); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect capitalize

How do i send the output from the date command to a variable called today easy: today=$(date) but how can the output be capitalized on a single command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

iptables redirect

Hi I need your help. This is my problem, i have a VPN connection between two computers a and b. A is connection to b(vpn server) i want to redirect some ports to a and i want a to give internet access to those port. So far i redirected the port 22 from b to a but i can't make a sent the port... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmartinez073
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp redirect

Hi i want to redirect a list of ftp file to an exsisting file by mls x.txt mylocalfile.txt result of this command corrupt my data on mylocalfile.txt , please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD