Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: collect-process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers collect-process Post 1773 by PxT on Thursday 29th of March 2001 11:02:57 AM
Old 03-29-2001
I am not familiar with the collect command, but if you want to run it at a lower priority, you could do:

nice -n 20 collect -i60,120...<I>etc</I>...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to collect bounces

Wondering if someone could help me out with the best way to collect all the mail that bounces and put the addresses in a file. Running an optin server and need to collect the bounces so we can remove them, using sendmail. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin9
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Planning for DR, I have to collect information

Dear All, We are going for Disaster Recovery project, the vendor asked for more details about how much is the daily data changes only. using sar / iostat can any one help me to collect this ?! Note: only I need the changed data size not the daily increasing data. this is to know how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

collect data from another file

Hi Friends , I am urgently needed your help. could you pleas help me in creating the shell script. Requirement : collect the data from no_file.txt no_file.txt ============ 1 11 265 290 300 313 326 351 Then create another shele script like my_shell.csh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas_jena
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

collect comand usage

I would like to set up monitoring of CPU, memory and disk utilization as a cron job daily with this command, on a Tru64 machine. I presume that it can be done similar to syslog.dated procedure, so that every day i get a file in, for example, /var/adm/collect.dated/... Specifically, i would like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect information from switches

Hi All , In my environment we have 12 SAN switches .Culd u pls help me for below queries . would like to telnet to all switches and collect information in daily basis with "switchstatus" command and store the output under /tmp/ folder on systemA . To keep passwords of 12switches in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinni-script
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to collect all db information

hi all I am looking for shell script ,by which i need to gather all the DB information in Sybase server . Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
3 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

collect data from files

there are 200 files named file1_0.pdb,file1_60.pdb etc....it looks like: ATOM 1 N VAL 1 8.897 -21.545 -7.276 1.00 0.00 ATOM 2 H1 VAL 1 9.692 -22.015 -6.868 1.00 0.00 ATOM 3 H2 VAL 1 9.228 -20.766 -7.827 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4 H3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanikasharma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to collect the logs with in two time stamp ?

Hi Gurus I need to collect the logs between two time stamp... The log files 12 hours format (ex- Nov 14, 2013 12:10:16 AM UTC) I tried the below commands but no luck. awk '$0 >= "Nov 14, 2013 9:40:01" && $0 <= "Nov 14, 2013 9:55:01"' file sed -n '/Nov 14, 2013 7:58:00 PM UTC/,/Nov 14, 2013... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect files for specific hours

I have to fetch files from a location hour wise. Eg files available at location /tmp/data/ are A20140205.1300-1315...... . . A20140205.1400-1415...... . . A20140205.1700-1715...... . . . . Below is the code I have prepared. But it works only for one hour. For instance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saidul
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able ot collect perldoc output to a file

I need the output of perldoc command collected to a file # perldoc -l File::Scan::ClamAV > /usr/src/asas.txt No documentation found for "File::Scan::ClamAV". # cat /usr/src/asas.txt # (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies
NICE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   NICE(1)

NAME
nice -- execute a utility at an altered scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The nice utility runs utility at an altered scheduling priority, by incrementing its ``nice'' value by the specified increment, or a default value of 10. The lower the nice value of a process, the higher its scheduling priority. The superuser may specify a negative increment in order to run a utility with a higher scheduling priority. Some shells may provide a builtin nice command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXAMPLES
Execute utility 'date' at priority 5 assuming the priority of the shell is 0: nice -n 5 date Execute utility 'date' at priority -19 assuming the priority of the shell is 0 and you are the super-user: nice -n 16 nice -n -35 date DIAGNOSTICS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of nice is the exit status of utility. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), idprio(1), rtprio(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), renice(8) COMPATIBILITY
The traditional -increment option has been deprecated but is still supported. STANDARDS
The nice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A nice utility appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD