Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy from Solaris to HyperTerm Post 17683 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 09:38:03 AM
Old 03-19-2002
If you can get to the SUN system (login) via hyperterminal on the PC, then you can cat the /etc/hosts file and copy/paste it to another application (notepad) on the p.c.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hyperterm settings for an sgi challenge s server?

i finally got around to splicing a din-8 to db-9 cable that falls under the sgi specs. however, i can't find anything in the challenge s user manual that gives the needed for hyperterminal to make the serial output come on screen. can anyone help me out with what i should be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy/move folder on XP to Solaris?

I have created a folder on C:\images\Raffles.jpg on my PC, and I like to copy or move to Solaris server. How can I do that? Please advise. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on solaris best utility to copy a file system?

Hi, - on a solaris box what is the best utility to copy a whole file system from one place to other? - the aim of the operation is to place the contents of the whole file system to other file system within the discs cp ? - cpio? - tar? - what about file systemes containing symbolic links ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to copy whole disk?

Hi, i have problems with my system disk (os solaris 5.10) and i'm wondering if there is any way to copy the whole disk to a new one, without reinstalling everything (so to do a mirroring)?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another?

Hi All, Can any body help for below query...... How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another? Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvd
8 Replies

6. Solaris

need to copy file from solaris to windows

Hi my OS is solaris 9 , we have requirement to copy 1 file from solaris box to windows machine , so which utility or commands any idea will be appreciated Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 6.5 MOD disk copy help needed

Hello, we are running Irix 6.5 on our octane/sgi computers - these computers come with an external Sony MOD drive attached via a scsi cable. We have backed info to 2.3 gig MOD disks over the years and woule like to duplicate the MOD's. I believe there are 3 ways to do this: add a second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew_holm
1 Replies

8. Programming

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIS
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIS
3 Replies

10. Solaris

File copy issue in Solaris

Dears, I have one strange problem. When I copy file from source to destination using scp, file size decreased in destination side. I can see that copy progress is successful in source side. But when I check file size using du -sh command file size is 10 time smaller. First I looked into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
6 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-cat. See gvfs-cat(1). gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-cat(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-cat(1)