Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers BSD Permission Denied Problem Post 17557 by Neo on Sunday 17th of March 2002 09:16:04 PM
Old 03-17-2002
Perhaps you might try the command:

Code:
cd /etc

... and see if this works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with nfs sharing, permission denied for writing.

Hi I have a problem with NFS sharing on solaris 10, the problem simply with write permission, after do the following command, the folder still not writable from machine 2 : on machine 1 (10.10.10.32) : share -F nfs -o rw /u01/portalrepository/ on machine 2 (10.10.10.31) : mount -F nfs... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Al-Mothafar
35 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with Apache, permission denied

Just installed apache 2.2.17 and I can start up the httpd server without any errors. However when I try to access my scripts in /cgi-bin/ I'm getting the following error in error_log: Can't open perl script "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/ldapsearch.cgi": Permission denied Premature end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
code(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   code(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
code - capture the namespace context for a code fragment SYNOPSIS
itcl::code ?-namespace name? command ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Creates a scoped value for the specified command and its associated arg arguments. A scoped value is a list with three elements: the "@scope" keyword, a namespace context, and a value string. For example, the command namespace foo { code puts "Hello World!" } produces the scoped value: @scope ::foo {puts {Hello World!}} Note that the code command captures the current namespace context. If the -namespace flag is specified, then the current context is ignored, and the name string is used as the namespace context. Extensions like Tk execute ordinary code fragments in the global namespace. A scoped value captures a code fragment together with its namespace context in a way that allows it to be executed properly later. It is needed, for example, to wrap up code fragments when a Tk widget is used within a namespace: namespace foo { private proc report {mesg} { puts "click: $mesg" } button .b1 -text "Push Me" -command [code report "Hello World!"] pack .b1 } The code fragment associated with button .b1 only makes sense in the context of namespace "foo". Furthermore, the "report" procedure is private, and can only be accessed within that namespace. The code command wraps up the code fragment in a way that allows it to be exe- cuted properly when the button is pressed. Also, note that the code command preserves the integrity of arguments on the command line. This makes it a natural replacement for the list command, which is often used to format Tcl code fragments. In other words, instead of using the list command like this: after 1000 [list puts "Hello $name!"] use the code command like this: after 1000 [code puts "Hello $name!"] This not only formats the command correctly, but also captures its namespace context. Scoped commands can be invoked like ordinary code fragments, with or without the eval command. For example, the following statements work properly: set cmd {@scope ::foo .b1} $cmd configure -background red set opts {-bg blue -fg white} eval $cmd configure $opts Note that scoped commands by-pass the usual protection mechanisms; the command: @scope ::foo {report {Hello World!}} can be used to access the "foo::report" proc from any namespace context, even though it is private. KEYWORDS
scope, callback, namespace, public, protected, private itcl 3.0 code(n)