Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: here please
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers here please Post 17526 by user666 on Saturday 16th of March 2002 07:21:59 PM
Old 03-16-2002
here please

Im using Linux Mandrake 7 and i tried to config the modem from the kde but no way i don't even know what's the problem whith that if you can help and tell what's the prpblem please do here's what it says:

Fornitore: SGS Thomson Microelectronics
Modello: 56k SoftModem
Kernel Module: unknown
Tipo di Bus:: USB

Modem Device /dev/ttys0 (in windows the modem is on com1 how ever i tried all the ttyS1 2 and 3)

Flow Control CRTSCTS(when i trie the xon/xoff the modem is fownd by the system but it still does not work the modem is not on when i use CRTCTS it says modem not ready or modem not responding)

Line Termination CR/LF

it is a external modem

Last edited by user666; 03-21-2002 at 11:09 AM..

KDE-BUILD(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      KDE-BUILD(1)

NAME
kde-build - Updates and recompiles a tree of KDE CVS modules SYNOPSIS
kde-build DESCRIPTION
kde-build has been designed to keep a local copy of several KDE CVS modules up to date and recompile them. Those modules have to be saved in a common directory, e.g. something like ~/kde-src/ | +-> kdelibs/ | +-> kdebase/ | -> kdenetwork/ In this case, the KDE source directory would be ~/kde-src/. The script will take care of compiling them in the correct order, checks for dependencies and resolves them as far as possible. Please not that, prior to first invokation of the script, the configuration file 'kde-buildrc' has to be modified to reflect the local environment, such as paths etc. RETURN VALUE
The following error codes are returned by the script. 0 - No error seems to have occured. 1 - The script could not change into the directory of a module. 2 - The script could not open the file 'Makefile.in' of a module. 3 - The configuration of a module failed. 4 - The compilation of a module failed. 5 - The installation of a module failed. 6 - An invalid source directory was specified. 7 - An invalid Qt directory was specified. 8 - An invalid CVS client was specified. 9 - No cvsup server was specified. 10 - The temporary CVSUP configuration file couldn't be created. 11 - The configuration file kde-buildrc couldn't be loaded. EXAMPLES
cd ~/scripts/; vi ./kde-buildrc; ./kde-build BUGS
Lots, mostly that the script wasn't written with portability in mind and therefore won't run very nice on platforms other than Linux. TODO
Add a DIAGNOSIS section to this man page. AUTHOR
Frerich Raabe <raabe@kde.org> 3rd Berkeley Distribution perl v5.6.1 KDE-BUILD(1)