Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: here please
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers here please Post 17526 by user666 on Saturday 16th of March 2002 07:21:59 PM
Old 03-16-2002
here please

Im using Linux Mandrake 7 and i tried to config the modem from the kde but no way i don't even know what's the problem whith that if you can help and tell what's the prpblem please do here's what it says:

Fornitore: SGS Thomson Microelectronics
Modello: 56k SoftModem
Kernel Module: unknown
Tipo di Bus:: USB

Modem Device /dev/ttys0 (in windows the modem is on com1 how ever i tried all the ttyS1 2 and 3)

Flow Control CRTSCTS(when i trie the xon/xoff the modem is fownd by the system but it still does not work the modem is not on when i use CRTCTS it says modem not ready or modem not responding)

Line Termination CR/LF

it is a external modem

Last edited by user666; 03-21-2002 at 11:09 AM..

KCOOKIEJAR4(8)							 KDE User's Manual						    KCOOKIEJAR4(8)

NAME
kcookiejar4 - KDE HTTP cookie daemon SYNOPSIS
kcookiejar4 [--help] [Generic-options] [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [--shutdown] [--remove domain] [--remove-all] [--reload-config] DESCRIPTION
kcookiejar4 handles the HTTP cookies providing a D-BUS service to store/retrieve/clean cookies. GENERIC OPTIONS
--author Show author information. --help Show help about options. --help-all Show all options. --help-kde Show KDE specific options. --help-qt Show Qt specific options. --license Show license information. -v--version Show version information APPLICATION OPTIONS
--shutdown Shut down cookie jar and the D-BUS service. --remove domain Removes cookies for domain from the cookie jar. --remove-all Removes all the cookies from the cookie jar. --reaload-config Reloads the configuration file. USAGE
KDE web browser konqueror uses kcookiejar4 for storing and managing cookies using the D-Bus service kcookiejar4 provides. When kcookiejar4 is started without parameters, it provides a D-BUS service to handle HTTP cookies. When kcookiejar4 is started with some parameters, it does additional tasks to the cookies jar it provides, like removing the cookies from one domain. SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7), qtoptions(7) BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org[1] to report them. AUTHORS
Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org> Author. Dawit Alemayehu <adawit@kde.org> Author. NOTES
1. bugs.kde.org http://bugs.kde.org 0.01.01 2008-10-14 KCOOKIEJAR4(8)