Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8 Post 17468 by s_aamir on Friday 15th of March 2002 02:16:12 PM
Old 03-15-2002
How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8

Does any body knows how to force NIC to 100 Full Duplex in Solaris 8, should survive after reboot or shutdown.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8

Does any body knows how to force NIC to 100 Full Duplex in Solaris 8, should survive after reboot or shutdown. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. Solaris

change NIC to 1000 Mbps full duplex

Hi all, I tried to use this command ndd -set /dev/eri adv_1000fdx_cap 1 but i get a "operation failed, Invalid argument" anyone can help ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarReNz
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

RedHat 9 Force full duplex

All, I have a RedHat 9 box which I need to figure out how to get it to stay in full duplex mode after a reboot. I have tried ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off I have tried to add a line to the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 like this: ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to force a full duplex

I need to change some Ip addresses for my servers to reflect in the NIS map. I also need to force full duplex on the 10/100 cards & 1/2 duplex in the 10 cards. I can change the IP by doing ifconfig <NIC card > plumb up <newip>. Not quite sure on how to force the full / half duplex & how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

NIC speed 100M/full duplex problem

I have a TOSHIBA AS7000 B150 Sun Box I wanted to run it with 100M/full duplex I had added this to the /etc/system file to make to setting permenant So it would be set correctly on reboot. set eri:eri_adv_100fdx_cap=1 set eri:eri_adv_100hdx_cap=0 set eri:eri_adv_autoneg_cap=0 But when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will Linux force NIC into promiscuous mode?

Right now I have a computer that I want to use as the monitor for my network. It's currently running Windows 7, and so as I understand it the NIC won't monitor all the traffic on the network. So my question is, if I install Linux on this computer will I be able to force the NIC card into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iJeydon
1 Replies

7. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris zone with full working NIC

I want a solaris zone,wich can get ip from dhcp external server i configure my zone net: address not specified allowed-address not specified configure-allowed-address: true physical: vnic1 defrouter not specified vnic is linked to net0 dladm net0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Haed code nxge0 nic interface with full duplex & 1000mbps

Hi All I would need to do hard code of nxge0 nic to full duplex & 1000mbps. So that whenever solaris server come up after reboot. it will show full duplex & 1000mbps setting only. Please also let me know how to do it online through command. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
0 Replies
reboot(1M)																reboot(1M)

NAME
reboot - reboot the system SYNOPSIS
time] message] time] message] DESCRIPTION
The command terminates all currently executing processes except those essential to the system, then reboots the system, or halts, or makes the partition ready for reconfiguration. When invoked without arguments, syncs all disks before rebooting the system. Options The command recognizes the following options: Shut down the system and halt. Shut down the system and reboot automatically (default). Shut down the system to a ready-to-reconfigure state and reboot if possible. If the partition is unable to reboot, it will stop at a ready-to-reconfigure state. However, if the option is also specified, the system will always stop at ready-to-reconfigure state. This option is available only on systems that support hardware partitions. Shut down the system to a ready-to-reconfigure state and do not reboot. This option can be used only in combination with the option. This option is available only on systems that support hardware partitions. Do not sync the file systems before shutdown. The and options are ignored with this option. Sync the file systems before shutdown; for file systems that were cleanly mounted, modify the flag from to (default). Quick and quiet. Suppress broadcast of warning messages, terminate processes by brute force (with and immediately call with arguments as indicated by the other options (see reboot(2)). No logging is performed. The and options are ignored with this option. Specify what time will bring the system down. time can be the word (indicating immediate shutdown) or a future time in one of two for- mats: and The first form brings the system down in number minutes; the second brings the system down at the time of day indicated (based on a 24-hour clock). Display message at the terminals of all users on the system at decreasing intervals as reboot time approaches. The message must not contain any embedded double quotes. At shutdown time a message is written in the file (if it exists), containing the time of shutdown, who ran and the reason. Only users with appropriate privileges can execute the command. WARNINGS
does not invoke the shutdown scripts associated with subsystems to bring them down in a cautious manner. See shutdown(1M). If the option is used in a virtual partition environment on a partitionable system, then the requested reconfiguration will not take place until all the virtual partitions on that hard partition are shut down and the virtual partition monitor is rebooted. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
Shutdown log SEE ALSO
vpartition(1), reboot(2), partition(5). reboot(1M)