Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exit Code in HP-UX KSH.
Top Forums Programming Exit Code in HP-UX KSH. Post 17447 by mbb on Friday 15th of March 2002 08:44:18 AM
Old 03-15-2002
I tell you what is wrong - me!

Please disregard this thread - there was no problem, the conditions that the called program was being run in, would always cause it to return 256 (or 0) ...

Doh!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Clean Exit from KSH Status Loop

I have a ksh loop that monitors front panel key postitions. I need a keystroke or something to break out of the loop without exiting the script. Code is: #!/bin/ksh while true do POST=$(./keystat2 | nawk '{print $1}') if ]; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottKe
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to exit the KSH functions

Hi I am having the script which contains more functions. I want to exit the function if any failure. I tried with exit - the session itself is getting logged out. How can i fix this issue? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP WITH .ksh script converting the exit status

Hi Can someone help me please? In a standard UNIX .ksh script, if you have the exit status..say 5...what line do you have to enter into the script for this number to be automatically converted to its actual exit reason by looking up the exit status file...wherever that is? thanks angus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit statement ignored inside KSH function

Hi All, I have multiple functions in my script and I'm trying to capture stdout from some of them, but I also do some error checking in them (in the functions that output something to their stdout that needs capturing) and I need to be able to end the entire script with an error message. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkubok
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Test telnet and exit

Hi, I need to do a test Telnet in KSH and if the connection is good then disconnect the telnet session with out logging in and without exiting the shell script. Example output of a good connection: $telnet xxx.xx.xx.xxx xxxx Trying xxx.xx.xx.xxx... Connected to xxx.xx.xx.xxx. Escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calex
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a KSH exit if path is not correct

I am very green to shell programming and have no training and this is my first real attempt. I am fairly versed in Unix and running the cmds I need. I tried using the search feature but most of what I found was close but not quite what I am looking for, plus most looked more advanced than I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: htown71
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal is closing on exit in ksh

hi while executing the following script, my terminal window is getting closed if I enter a invalid option. I want the script should go back the the command prompt. how to do achive it. i execute the script as . ./test #! /usr/bin/ksh Printf " Type of Installer : \n\t\t 1. Whole Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Confused with behaviour of exit

Hi Everyone, I am confused on why the below snippet of code is not working as I intend it to do. I have googled and confirmed that "exit" is supposed to abort the execution of the script regardless if the exit was called from inside a function, or the main body of the script. log_and_die() { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddmaster
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit status of the ksh Script

Hi Im trying to write a script that will archive some file using java program.Below is the part of the script that I use and my problem is that the script always return with status 0.Below is part of my script(end part) purge.ksh echo "No of files before tar :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saachinsiva
4 Replies
pthread_getspecific(3T) 												   pthread_getspecific(3T)

NAME
pthread_getspecific(), pthread_setspecific() - get or set the thread-specific data associated with a key SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
key Thread-specific data key whose value for the calling thread is to be set or retrieved. value Value to be assigned to the thread-specific data key for the calling thread. DESCRIPTION
The function returns the thread-specific data value associated with key for the calling thread. If no value has been associated with key for the calling thread, NULL is returned. The function associates the thread-specific data value with key. Each thread may bind a different value to key. These values are usually pointers to memory dynamically allocated by the calling thread. key must be a valid thread-specific data key created by calling If key is not a valid thread-specific data key, undefined behavior results when calling these functions. These functions may be called from a thread-specific data destructor function. However, calling from a destructor may result in lost stor- age. RETURN VALUE
The function returns the thread-specific data value associated with key. If no thread-specific data value is currently associated with key, the value NULL is returned. If successful, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
No errors are returned by the function. If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to associate value with key. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] key is an invalid thread-specific data key. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_key_create(3T), pthread_key_delete(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_getspecific(3T)