Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rcd
Special Forums IP Networking Rcd Post 17438 by LivinFree on Friday 15th of March 2002 01:53:27 AM
Old 03-15-2002
I think RCD is a generic term. Depending on what you have to run to start this transaction, you might check the man pages for "crontab" (you said it had to be run at specific times).

And I agree wholeheartedly with thehoghunter. We're trying to help, but the question is very vague.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Ask about /etc/rcd.xx

Hi all, My Name : Jellf new comers at this forum and beginner at sun solaris operating system, i have a question about /etc/rcd.xx. what that's folder mean? and what the differential between rcd.1 then rcd.2 and etc.. please give me a guide from all engineer sun solaris at this forum, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tindasz
1 Replies
AMDUMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMDUMP(8)

NAME
amdump - back up all disks in an Amanda configuration SYNOPSIS
amdump config [ host [ disk ]* ]* DESCRIPTION
Amdump switches to the appropriate Amanda configuration directory, e.g. /etc/amanda/config, then attempts to back up every disk specified by the amanda.conf file. Amdump is normally run by cron. You can specify many host/disk expression, only disks that match an expression will be dumped. All disk are dumped if no expression are given. If file /etc/amanda/config/hold exists, amdump will wait until it is removed before starting the backups. This allows scheduled backups to be delayed when circumstances warrant, for example, if the tape device is being used for some other purpose. While waiting, amdump checks for the hold file every minute. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Here is a typical crontab entry. It runs amdump every weeknight at 1 a.m. as user bin: 0 1 * * 1-5 bin /usr/sbin/amdump DailySet1 Please see the crontab(5) or crontab(1) manual page for the correct crontab format for your system. MESSAGES
amdump: waiting for hold file to be removed The "hold" file exists and amdump is waiting for it to be removed before starting backups. amdump: amdump or amflush is already running, or you must run amcleanup Amdump detected another amdump or amflush running, or the remains of a previous incomplete amdump or amflush run. This run is ter- minated. If the problem is caused by the remains of a previous run, you must execute amcleanup(8) and then rerun amdump. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8), amcleanup(8), amrestore(8), amflush(8), cron(8) AMDUMP(8)