Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new LAN, where are the config files? Post 1731 by 98_1LE on Tuesday 27th of March 2001 12:53:04 PM
Old 03-27-2001
Sounds like DNS is broken. All the files should be in /etc Look at
resolv.conf (most likely)
hostname.hme0 (if it's an ultra, sparc would be hostname.le0)
defaultrouter

Make sure that dns is listed on the host line in /etc/nsswitch.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Config Files

Currently our Apache log files are huge, I want to put say a month's time limit on this, then when it hits the end of the month I would like it to start over writing. Does anyone know where the config file is for this and what its called? I also want to do exactly the same on wtmp config (who... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Webwitch
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Config Files

Does anyone have a list of key config files and the respective paths for HP-UX? Or does anyone know where I can get a list similar to this? Thanks, TOdd (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toddjameslane
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl config files

Hi, I have 2 perl SubRoutines (sub 1 and sub 2). I created two perl modules for these (Sub1.pm and Sub2.pm). How can I include these in a config file (say Config.cfg) and call the config file in my main script Rename.pl to use the 2 subroutines? Right now here are the content of Config.cfg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CCFP
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with loading config files

Hi All, I'm bit confused with a script Any help would be appreciated I have a config file say config.cfg and iam loading config file in My_Script.sh..The script name is My_Script.sh. My_Script.sh and config.cfg are in same directory...My_Script.sh is run on the crontab 50 01 * * * &&... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvam
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

blue screen to config lan interface

I use red hat linx ES 4 ,5 , how can I start up attached screen to config the lan interface in command mode ??? Please advice in detailed ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies
GSF-OFFICE-THUMBNAILER(1)					       GNOME						 GSF-OFFICE-THUMBNAILER(1)

NAME
gsf-office-thumbnailer - office files thumbnailer for the GNOME desktop SYNOPSIS
gsf-office-thumbnailer [OPTIONS] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the gsf-office-thumbnailer command. gsf-office-thumbnailer is used internally by GNOME applications such as nautilus to generate thumbnails of several types of office applica- tion files. While it is possible to invoke it manually, it is usually invoked automatically by nautilus. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--'). Main options -i, --input=filename Name of file for which to create a thumbnail -o, --output=filename Name of the file in which to store the thumbnail -s, --size=N Size of thumbnail in pixels; the thumbnail will be at most N*N pixels large. Help options -?, --help Display a brief usage message LICENSE
gsf-office-thumbnailer is licensed under the terms of version 2.1 of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) as published by the Free Software Foundation. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the GNU project page <http://www.gnu.org/>. AUTHOR
gsf-office-thumbnailer's primary author is Federico Mena-Quintero <federico@novell.com>. The initial version of this manpage was written by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>. gsf August 17, 2005 GSF-OFFICE-THUMBNAILER(1)