Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dt terminal
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users dt terminal Post 17257 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 12th of March 2002 05:22:54 PM
Old 03-12-2002
You can check the archives at :
http://www.hummingbird.com/exceedusers/

What error(s) are you getting?
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to unix through hyper terminal - as a dumb terminal

I just changed from windows NT to XP and I am no longer able to connect to my unix system. I used to use hyper terminal -- which acts as dumb terminal to my main frame unix system. I think one of the options used to be "direct to comX". This option isn't listed now. I use a serial port and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

2. AIX

Terminal

People, what util can help me as a terminal for COM connection with a Zyxel modem so that I can connect to another server (p630) with the same modem through a dedicated line??? And also does anybody know where can I put a question about Storage Area Networking?? I am having problems with setting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilshik
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP UX Terminal Help

HI All Which is the best terminal Emulator at present -- xterm , dtterm or ....what I mean in terms of appearance n features .. I am presently using xterm ....but it has a bad n unattractive scroll bar . Moreover my version is old n does'nt even display the colours i have set in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpta_varun
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal

Hello, I'm completely new to UNIX, and as part of a project I'm doing at university I am using a UNIX SOLAR computer. I have been told to SSH tunnel to access it, using Putty and VNC, which I have done and works. When I could then 'see' the computer from home I had a terminal open, but I was... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jono_H
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

I am trying to automate a SSH login using Keys using the following command ssh -i id_rsa usernamw@ipaddr. I am successful in doing this and i am getting the Warning Screen and I logon successfully. but when I am executing the command tail -1cf put.dat | ssh -i id_rsa username@ipaddr > get.dat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnuplot wxt terminal vs x11 terminal

Hi, I installed ubuntu recently on my pc. And I installed gnuplot as well. When I first started working with gnuplot it was working . I did a plot and when I wanted to fit my data something happened and not the default terminal of gnuplot is xwt! I changed it to: set terminal x11, but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does DOS has a terminal or pseudo terminal?

I am wondering if the DOS console works like the unix terminal? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vistastar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A terminal controlling a terminal...

Hi all... Consider me a dummy here... I do not want any code or for anyone to show me how to do it at this time, but here is the question:- I have had this brainstorm to be able to control the AudioScope.sh program in the "Shell Scripting And Programming" forum... Is it possible, by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
dxhangulim(1X)															    dxhangulim(1X)

NAME
dxhangulim - An input server for Korean DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Korean input server (dxhangulim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Korean fonts installed. This means that the Korean input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Korean, the Korean input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Korean input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Korean, you can switch to Korean from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Korean locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Korean input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Korean. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxhangulim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxhangulim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Korean can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. PC-Style Keyboard Restrictions If you are using a PC-style keyboard, the input server may not recognize the Backspace key as the way to delete the previous character in the input method preediting area. In this case, you must use the Delete key to delete the character. The default Alt-Space key sequence for activating and deactivating the input method may not work under CDE. In this case, invoke the dialog box for Input Method Customization and change the key sequence for Start Input Method and End Input Method to be something other than Alt- Space. For example, you could change the sequence to be Ctrl-Space. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), dxjim(1X), locale(1) Others: i18n_intro(5), Korean(5), l10n_intro(5) dxhangulim(1X)