Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Reset
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System Reset Post 17142 by s_aamir on Monday 11th of March 2002 04:15:29 PM
Old 03-11-2002
It worked,
Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take a file from the system and put on tape and reset the file to 0 bytes

:mad: I did this the other day but one of my support personnel removed my history so i could call it back up to remeber the exact command since i am air-headed at times. I am trying to take a 30 MEG file off the system and drop it to tape then i want to make the file go back to being 0 bytes so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JackieRyan26
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Reset?????

I'm changing from SCO UNIX to Red Hat Linux. In the UNIX box when backing up my data to tape I usually do this: tape reset sleep 5 nohup tar ................... I want to know if there is a way to do "tape reset" in Red Hat Linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrivas
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to reset root password of old Unix System V

Hi all, This is first time I met unix in my life. I purchased old Scanning Elecron Microscope which came with 486/33MHz PC running Unix System V, ver. 3.6. The one simple user name/passw is known so I can boot and login. But can not shutdown! It asks root or su passw. I'm very sensitive not to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 82026
6 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reset AIX root password without shutting down the system

Hi All, I'm stuck in a severe problem here , Someone have changed the root password and he cannot remember it and there is no other user privileged user on the system , But I do have access to a non privileged user. On the top of the system an application which requires a theoretical ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Reset All Configuration

Hi All, i am using redhat enterprise 5.7 after do all configuration i need for any thing is there any way to reset all configuration 1- i don't have backup this is not a problem i face but i assume this may be happen so i am asking about any command back redhat to the status after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Recover/Reset Sun Java System Server Console password

I am administering a Solaris 10 server that I have root password for but need to get to the system server console. The password has been 'forgotten'. I've tried changing it in /var/opt/mps/serverroot/admin-serv/config/admpw and local.conf with the current hashed password in /etc/shadow for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameson
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset $1 variable

Hi all, I'm using a scipt with one input and one output. I'm referring to the input by $1 after executing a command line, I'm getting the output via $1. Normally, the $1 shouldn't get the same values between the first call and the second. Is there a solution to force my second call for $1 to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elmassimo
4 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies