Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers microsoft access database on Unix Post 16856 by spiderling on Thursday 7th of March 2002 03:43:34 PM
Old 03-07-2002
Question microsoft access database on Unix

Hello,

I am a newborn baby to Unix and I was told that it was possible to have Microsoft Access databases on a Unix web server. I am using Perl to interface and query the Access database, which puts the information into the appropriate fields of a web page. Then updated information is submitted an inserted into the database.

Is this possibly on Unix with an Access database?

Thanks,
Pasquale

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Accessing microsoft access from C program

I have read a number of references to libraries that could be linked into a C program to access various databases. I have been tasked with writing an oracle library that would be able to access an Microsoft access database. The oracle database is running on a Unix server and would have to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem trying to access a database

hi guys, I am using the following code in order to access a database. #!/usr/bin/perl print "READ DATA FROM DATABASE\n"; use DBI; use strict; #use DBD::Oracle; my $user='reassure'; my $pass='R3Assur3'; #my $dsn="dbi:Oracle:orcl"; my $dsn='dbi:Oracle:cobscs.world'; my $dbh =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database access

Hell all, I have the following snippet of code: $sql=qq{select * from ( select to_char(t.start_time_timestamp,'yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss') start_time,t.s_p_number_address, null cos_icsa_code, null cos_icsa_subcode from cc_unrated_msc_flow t union select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Restricting access to functional database account through unix

Hi, At present there is a functional database account which can be accessed when logging in through a unix server. At present it can be accessed through from any UNIX account on this server. Is there any way of restricting it so it can only be accessed through a functional unix account but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using unix scripts database access

i want to access database (sql script) within a unix script. help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamaraa
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access to a database

Hello all, is it possible to write a script in order to connect to a database, load data in a specific domain and execute the corresponding command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies
asadmin-hadbm-restart(1ASS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-hadbm-restart(1ASS)

NAME
asadmin-hadbm-restart, hadbm-restart, restart - restarts the database SYNOPSIS
restart [--no-rolling] [database_name] Use the restart command to restart the database. Once the database is restarted, the database should return to the previous state. If the database name is specified, the database should exist. If a database is not identified, the default database is restarted. The default database is hadb. In interactive mode, the restart command prompts for a confirmation before restarting the database. OPTIONS
-g --no-rolling restarts all nodes in HADB at once with possible loss of service. OPERANDS
database_name name of the database. The default database is hadb. Example 1: Using restart with a database identified hadbm> restart --rolling mydatabase This command will restart the named database. Type "yes" or "y" to confirm this operation, anything else to cancel:y Database successfully restarted EXIT STATUS
105 database is not running 106 database could not be restarted 107 database could not return to a previous state asadmin-hadbm-status(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-nodestatus(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-list(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-addnodes(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm- clear(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-refragment(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-delete(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-start(1ASS), asadmin-hadbm-stop(1ASS) Sun ONE Application Server 7 Enterprise Edition Early Access 7 March 2003 asadmin-hadbm-restart(1ASS)