Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnome doing strange things.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gnome doing strange things. Post 16837 by Furtoes00 on Thursday 7th of March 2002 09:57:59 AM
Old 03-07-2002
PHP

I tried diffrent resolutions, but nothing is working. I also noticed "ctrl" + "alt" + "+" doesn't work.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installed GNOME on FreeBSD! need help with several things

Hi guys, I still have "microsoft windows" eyes so this unix freebsd stuff still looks very alien to me. Yesterday I managed to install freebsd 5.1 on my dell notebook. And today I got Gnome 2.2 working. I have this problem I can only login to Gnome with my normal user account, and not with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dalma
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

installed GNOME on FreeBSD! need help with several things

ps. i posted this first on UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers , Sorry about the double post Hi guys, I still have "microsoft windows" eyes so this unix freebsd stuff still looks very alien to me. Yesterday I managed to install freebsd 5.1 on my dell notebook. And today I got Gnome 2.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalma
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very strange things happened in the shell function

Here is the script: #!/bin/bash #set -xv RAWDATAFILE="temp1" GOODDATAFILE="temp2" FindSOS() { local NUM=0 #return value for the id of SOS local cnt=1 if grep "EOS" $1 then sed -e 's/.*<CobDate>//' -e 's/<\/.*//' <$1 > ${RAWDATAFILE} sed -n -e '/EOS/,/SOS/ s/*/&/p' <${RAWDATAFILE}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to format usb stick ?strange things happening as well!!!

Hi all, I have a pendrive that is fat formatted... It was being detected so far on solairs...but now during the re-installation of solaris ,i did not remove the drive and guess i screwed it up... since then , i am unable to use it...guess its now not formatted or is corrupt... but the irony... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

things root can't do

Hey all my co-workers and I are trying to put together a list of things root "Can't" do on any *NIX OS, so I wanted to come here and see what all we could come up with. Here are two to start this off: write to a read only mount FS kill a tape rewind Please add what you know. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmn
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Strange things happen when I close my laptop lid

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I have noticed a few small bugs but something very strange happens when I shut the laptop lid. The last time I closed it for example, when I re-opened: The screen resolution had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
0 Replies
gnome-options(7)						Gnome User's Manual						  gnome-options(7)

NAME
gnome-options - Standard Command Line Options for GNOME 2 Programs SYNOPSIS
program [standard options] [specific options] arguments DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the command line options, which are common to all Gnome applications. OPTIONS
Help options -?, --help Show the applications help message. --usage Display a brief usage message. --version Show the applications's version information. Bonobo Activation support --oaf-ior-fd=FD File descriptor to print IOR on --oaf-activate-iid=IID IID to activate --oaf-private Prevent registering of server with OAF GNOME library options --disable-sound Disable sound server usage --enable-sound Enable sound server usage --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT Host:port on which the esd sound server to use is running. This is useful if you simultaneously run programs on several machines. GNOME GUI options --disable-crash-dialog Disable the crash dialog, which is normally shown when the application segfaults. Session management options --sm-client-id=ID Specify session management ID. Only used by the session manager itself while restarting the application. --sm-config-prefix=PREFIX Specify prefix of saved configuration. --sm-disable Disable connection to session manager. Other options --load-modules=MODULE1,MODULE2,... Dynamic modules to load SEE ALSO
For most GNOME programs there will be additional command line options, which are specific to the program. These will be explained in the Application options section of the --help output and in the application's online help. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jochen Voss <voss@debian.org>. A first version was generated with the help of the help2man program. The program's output was manually edited later. GNOME 2.2 2003-10-20 gnome-options(7)