Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bridging with SSH Tunnels
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Bridging with SSH Tunnels Post 16646 by Neo on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 03:46:27 PM
Old 03-05-2002
Very clear. Have been doing this for at least 16 years Smilie

You need to turn on IP forwarding with the OpenBSD box (and NAT if you need it) and insure that you can route IP packets between the two end nodes (work machine and FreeBSD).... you need to insure that SSHD is running on one box (the one you want to access) and you have an SSH client on the other one.

You need to open the apppopriate SSH port on the OpenBSD box to allow things to do through... and turn this into a simple SSH client-server problem (with correct IP routing) and not a tunneling problem.

Not having IP routing (forwarding) on the OpenBSD box (your firewall) is the problem. Simply turn it on and configure away.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

problem with bridging!!! :(

Hello, I have an UTM that has 4 ports. I was bridged two ports of it. my pc wired to one port and other one to network. Now I can ping my default gateway but it doesn't work(I haven't access to internet) even http of gateway, what happened? what route I should added? Thanks in advance.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Sharing ssh tunnels between users

userA and userB are two non-root accounts on HP-UX box. userA creates ssh tunnel (local forward) to some different host. Will userB be able to use that tunnel? What about remote forward? If not, what OS mechanism will prevent it from happening? Unfortunately I am unable to create this setup at this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkleban
0 Replies

3. Solaris

openindiana bridging problem (brctl)

Hello all, I was trying to hooking up several computers into my openindiana server box, the server box has few RJ45 gigabit ethernet. The desired hierarchy of the network will be shown as on the picture attached. I would like to connect each host into my gigabit ethernet because of me and my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enno
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Linux Bridging, Wireless AP, IPv6 multicast and autoconfiguration.

Well I cannot be too certain of the setup, since it's a stock firmware, but I have a cheap Belkin wireless-n router and wanted to get some ideas of what may be going on while I've a few moments to ramble on about my problems... I requested the GPL source so I've just been pondering while waiting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Bonding of IP tunnels

Hello. Our Company is spreaded over Germany. There are main offices an branch offices. These offices are mostly connecte via multiple sdsl. We build a IPSEC VPN Infrastructure using Aastaro Security Gateways appliances. It seemed that only one VPN Connetion between to offices could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschwadorf
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies

8. Programming

Bridging Talk

Hi! I would like to start creating a bridge for good old Unix talk program. This bridge would allow you to joinIRC-channel by using talk just for example. I have a couple of questions: 1. Are there any previous attempts or implementations creating Talk bridge? 2. Which version of the talk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: homebeach
9 Replies
plink(1)							 PuTTY tool suite							  plink(1)

NAME
plink - PuTTY link, command line network connection tool SYNOPSIS
plink [options] [user@]host [command] DESCRIPTION
plink is a network connection tool supporting several protocols. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by plink are: -V Show version information and exit. -pgpfp Display the fingerprints of the PuTTY PGP Master Keys and exit, to aid in verifying new files released by the PuTTY team. -v Show verbose messages. -load session Load settings from saved session. -ssh Force use of SSH protocol (default). -telnet Force use of Telnet protocol. -rlogin Force use of rlogin protocol. -raw Force raw mode. -serial Force serial mode. -P port Connect to port port. -l user Set remote username to user. -m path Read remote command(s) from local file path. -batch Disable interactive prompts. -pw password Set remote password to password. CAUTION: this will likely make the password visible to other users of the local machine (via com- mands such as `w'). -L [srcaddr:]srcport:desthost:destport Set up a local port forwarding: listen on srcport (or srcaddr:srcport if specified), and forward any connections over the SSH con- nection to the destination address desthost:destport. Only works in SSH. -R [srcaddr:]srcport:desthost:destport Set up a remote port forwarding: ask the SSH server to listen on srcport (or srcaddr:srcport if specified), and to forward any con- nections back over the SSH connection where the client will pass them on to the destination address desthost:destport. Only works in SSH. -D [srcaddr:]srcport Set up dynamic port forwarding. The client listens on srcport (or srcaddr:srcport if specified), and implements a SOCKS server. So you can point SOCKS-aware applications at this port and they will automatically use the SSH connection to tunnel all their connec- tions. Only works in SSH. -X Enable X11 forwarding. -x Disable X11 forwarding (default). -A Enable agent forwarding. -a Disable agent forwarding (default). -t Enable pty allocation (default if a command is NOT specified). -T Disable pty allocation (default if a command is specified). -1 Force use of SSH protocol version 1. -2 Force use of SSH protocol version 2. -C Enable SSH compression. -i path Private key file for authentication. -s Remote command is SSH subsystem (SSH-2 only). -N Don't start a remote command or shell at all (SSH-2 only). -sercfg configuration-string Specify the configuration parameters for the serial port, in -serial mode. configuration-string should be a comma-separated list of configuration parameters as follows: o Any single digit from 5 to 9 sets the number of data bits. o `1', `1.5' or `2' sets the number of stop bits. o Any other numeric string is interpreted as a baud rate. o A single lower-case letter specifies the parity: `n' for none, `o' for odd, `e' for even, `m' for mark and `s' for space. o A single upper-case letter specifies the flow control: `N' for none, `X' for XON/XOFF, `R' for RTS/CTS and `D' for DSR/DTR. MORE INFORMATION
For more information on plink, it's probably best to go and look at the manual on the PuTTY web page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. See the above web link for better documentation. PuTTY tool suite 2004-03-24 plink(1)