Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bridging with SSH Tunnels
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Bridging with SSH Tunnels Post 16641 by auswipe on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 03:33:18 PM
Old 03-05-2002
I am not using a VPN to access the box at the house.

I do not have direct access to the FreeBSD box (the gotcha).

Here is a diagram that might explain things better:

I want to enable a SSH Tunnel to the OpenBSD Box that will communicate with another pre-established SSH Tunnel between the OpenBSD box and the FreeBSD box.

I have not (yet) enabled NAT/Port forwarding on the OpenBSD box.

The idea is that I want to tunnel my way all the way past the OpenBSD box into the FreeBSD box. I can setup a tunnel between the OpenBSD box to the FreeBSD box without any problems (already tested, works like a charm). This way, I never have to expose any extra ports to the world other than my already exposed SSH port. I also wanted to bypass a VPN for this. When I VPN into work from my Win2K box, all my other networks get dropped and I wanted to avoid this.

Clear as mud? Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

problem with bridging!!! :(

Hello, I have an UTM that has 4 ports. I was bridged two ports of it. my pc wired to one port and other one to network. Now I can ping my default gateway but it doesn't work(I haven't access to internet) even http of gateway, what happened? what route I should added? Thanks in advance.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Sharing ssh tunnels between users

userA and userB are two non-root accounts on HP-UX box. userA creates ssh tunnel (local forward) to some different host. Will userB be able to use that tunnel? What about remote forward? If not, what OS mechanism will prevent it from happening? Unfortunately I am unable to create this setup at this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkleban
0 Replies

3. Solaris

openindiana bridging problem (brctl)

Hello all, I was trying to hooking up several computers into my openindiana server box, the server box has few RJ45 gigabit ethernet. The desired hierarchy of the network will be shown as on the picture attached. I would like to connect each host into my gigabit ethernet because of me and my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enno
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Linux Bridging, Wireless AP, IPv6 multicast and autoconfiguration.

Well I cannot be too certain of the setup, since it's a stock firmware, but I have a cheap Belkin wireless-n router and wanted to get some ideas of what may be going on while I've a few moments to ramble on about my problems... I requested the GPL source so I've just been pondering while waiting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Bonding of IP tunnels

Hello. Our Company is spreaded over Germany. There are main offices an branch offices. These offices are mostly connecte via multiple sdsl. We build a IPSEC VPN Infrastructure using Aastaro Security Gateways appliances. It seemed that only one VPN Connetion between to offices could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschwadorf
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies

8. Programming

Bridging Talk

Hi! I would like to start creating a bridge for good old Unix talk program. This bridge would allow you to joinIRC-channel by using talk just for example. I have a couple of questions: 1. Are there any previous attempts or implementations creating Talk bridge? 2. Which version of the talk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: homebeach
9 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)