Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming error trying to compile a c++ source file Post 16628 by AtleRamsli on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 01:12:54 PM
Old 03-05-2002
What kind of system is this?
I have two comments: You need a space between -o and the binay file, like this: -o ut
The file will then be called ut.
Also, cpp is an unusual extension, most often c++ program either have .c++ or .C as extension, whereas C files have .c.

Try to create the file tst.C:
#include <iostream.h>
main
{
cout << "Hello\n";
}

Then compile:

$ g++ tst.C -o tst

Then run
$ ./tst

If there is still no go, you may have a non-standard system.

BTW: CPP is the C PreProcessor, shows you the code after macro expansions,etc.

Atle

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compile rpm-4.0 source

Hello Unix experts, I downloaded rpm-4.0 source from ftp.redhat.com and tried to make it. There are something I could not understand. - Makefile.in and Makefile.am instead of Makefile - file INSTALL doesn't show clearly the steps of compiling What are these 2 files, Makefile.in and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie
2 Replies

2. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

3. SuSE

How do I compile source undfer Suse Linux?

I've been usuing Suse 9.1 & 10 on 2 different machines for a while and have so far relied on ready compiled versions of programs in RPMs in order to install them. I'm unclear what is envolved in compiling from the source code myself. I did a general google on the topic and found some unclear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error when compile source code

Hello,I'm trying to compile source code for Nmap. My $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/css/bin I type ./configure and all goes great.When I type ./make or ./make it says make not found.Why?I need a correct path for make?Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

source a property file in script give error

I have sourced a property file in my script like this to load some variables in the script Then i am able to echo all the property file values inside script but the script is not able to recognize other unix commands #!/bin/bash . build.properties mkdir build i am getting error ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compile and debug Vim source code

Hi, I want to debug Vim source code with GDB but I can't get it. It seems to run without debugger. Here is my try. I have supressed output of most commands. Tell me if you need them. $ uname -mor 2.6.37-ARCH i686 GNU/Linux $ mkdir ~/birei && cd ~/birei $ wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: birei
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NDM: Source file open failed. Error= 2

Hi, I have try to ndm to one server to another server. but i am getting this error. what is this error? are files not in source folder? Source file open failed. Error= 2 Regards, Balamurgan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
1 Replies

10. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
tst(3)							    InterNetNews Documentation							    tst(3)

NAME
tst - ternary search trie functions SYNOPSIS
#include <inn/tst.h> struct tst; struct tst *tst_init(int node_line_width); void tst_cleanup(struct tst *tst); int tst_insert(struct tst *tst, const unsigned char *key, void *data, int option, void **exist_ptr); void *tst_search(struct tst *tst, const unsigned char *key); void *tst_delete(struct tst *tst, const unsigned char *key); DESCRIPTION
tst_init allocates memory for members of struct tst, and allocates the first node_line_width nodes. A NULL pointer is returned by tst_init if any part of the memory allocation fails. On success, a pointer to a struct tst is returned. The value for node_line_width must be chosen very carefully. One node is required for every character in the tree. If you choose a value that is too small, your application will spend too much time calling malloc(3) and your node space will be too spread out. Too large a value is just a waste of space. tst_cleanup frees all memory allocated to nodes, internal structures, as well as tst itself. tst_insert inserts the string key into the tree. Behavior when a duplicate key is inserted is controlled by option. If key is already in the tree then TST_DUPLICATE_KEY is returned, and the data pointer for the existing key is placed in exist_ptr. If option is set to TST_REPLACE then the existing data pointer for the existing key is replaced by data. Note that the old data pointer will still be placed in exist_ptr. If a duplicate key is encountered and option is not set to TST_REPLACE then TST_DUPLICATE_KEY is returned. If key is zero length then TST_NULL_KEY is returned. A successful insert or replace returns TST_OK. A return value of TST_ERROR indicates that a memory allocation error occurred while trying to grow the node free. Note that the data argument must never be NULL. If it is, then calls to tst_search will fail for a key that exists because the data value was set to NULL, which is what tst_search returns. If you just want a simple existence tree, use the tst pointer as the data pointer. tst_search finds the string key in the tree if it exists and returns the data pointer associated with that key. If key is not found then NULL is returned, otherwise the data pointer associated with key is returned. tst_delete deletes the string key from the tree if it exists and returns the data pointer assocaited with that key. If key is not found then NULL is returned, otherwise the data pointer associated with key is returned. HISTORY
Converted to POD from Peter A. Friend's ternary search trie documentation by Alex Kiernan <alex.kiernan@thus.net> for InterNetNews 2.4.0. $Id: tst.pod 8200 2008-11-30 13:31:30Z iulius $ INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 tst(3)