Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnome malfunctioning
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Gnome malfunctioning Post 16571 by killerserv on Monday 4th of March 2002 07:17:14 PM
Old 03-04-2002
Furtoese,
Make the question in one thread. You post the same question in the Dummies Q&A Forum.
https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/4884-gnome-doing-strange-things.html
-
* As i suggested before have you tried to check the Xconfigurator $xconfigurator or $setup check your X Configurator Menu. Try to set the VGA Bit from 24 to 16Bit and also your VGA Settings from 1024x768 to 800x600. Also do check your Video RAM Settings. If it really doesnt help. Pls post back.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

GNOME 2.8 Released!

GNOME 2.8 Released! http://gnome.org/start/2.8/ Release Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Gnome on Solaris 10

I have just installed Gnome on Solaris 10, I am wondering how to get it listed in the “session” selection box on the login screen, as it currently isn't. Any Ideas? :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dredz
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr malfunctioning inside the k-shell script

i have a script that shows the "yesterday" and "todays" date entry in the few log files. IF the mentioned date entry is not found in the logs then it sends an mails. These are all persistance applications. #!/bin/ksh TZ=`date +%Z`+0 ;d=`date +%Y-%m-%d` TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ; b=`date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Gnome in Solaris 9

Hi My problem is that I kind of opened gnome environment from the cde environment and now I do not know how to turn it off so any suggestions will be much appreciated. and I am running Solaris 9 as root user I am also a beginner in unix Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theeb
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies
GSYNAPTICS(1)							   User Manuals 						     GSYNAPTICS(1)

NAME
gsynaptics - the Synaptics touchpad configuration utility for Gnome SYNOPSIS
gsynaptics [options] DESCRIPTION
gsynaptics is a GUI for configuring the Synaptics touchpad in Gnome. It is able to change touchpad parameters without using the X configu- ration files and without needing to restart X. gsynaptics-init(1) is used to load the touchpad parameters stored on file by gsynaptics. See the source README or the gsynaptics website http://gsynaptics.sourceforge.jp/ for more information. OPTIONS
There aren't any options. FILES
~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals/touchpad/%gconf.xml Stored parameters for gsynaptics REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: Hiroyuki Ikezoe <poincare@ikezoe.net>, Takuro Ashie <ashie@homa.ne.jp> AUTHOR
This manual was written by Mario Izquierdo Rodriguez <mariodebian@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT
This manual page is free software; see the source for copying conditions. This manual page is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. gsynaptics 0.9.13 Dec 2007 GSYNAPTICS(1)