Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0 Post 16469 by kaygusuz on Friday 1st of March 2002 08:29:29 PM
Old 03-01-2002
Question Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0

hi everybody

I have got a set of sco unix open server release 3.0 flopyy disks series N1, N2, M1, P1...P43, Release notes..

ý did a fresh installation. but ý cant install ethernet card. when ý use netconfig-ad a chain -tcpip... there is a messge :

the sco contain TCP/IP driver. and ý installed ethernet card driver.

when ý run netconfig and I choose tcp/ip, ý can see my ethernet card name , and ý choose it there is a message :
install loopbackdriver....fistly

whow ý can find sco open server 3.0 loopback driver and whow can ý install it
thanks alot for every body

Last edited by kaygusuz; 03-12-2002 at 11:00 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for administration in Unix SCO OpenServer Release 5

Hi, I am a new user to the Server SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5. Could you please advise any books for me to have a comprehensive view of how to administrate this Unix server. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogercko
1 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Openserver Release 5 and HP VS160 Tape Drive

Hi, Does anyone know if a HP VS160 Tape drive will work with SCO Openserver Release 5? If so what driver would it use? alad, cha? Thanks John (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfd7000
3 Replies

3. SCO

sco openserver release 5.0.5 installation problems on notebook

hello, i want to install release 5.0.5 on my notebook but the system hangs when extracing files from source media in fact after configuration all of setting please help me:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hossein
1 Replies

4. SCO

SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC Motherboard

Does anyone here have experience with running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC motherboard? Are there any problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies

5. SCO

Subverison in Sco unix openserver 5.0.7

Hi everybody I'm going to install svn client in sco unix openserver 5.0.7 where should I start ? I have no Idea what to do ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

7. SCO

ESATA on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Has anyone here used eSATA drives on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7? SCSI host adapters and drives are getting harder to find, so I'm thinking about eventually switching to eSATA, but only, of course, if they will work with OpenServer. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

9. SCO

USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Years ago I set up USB printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 for a client--but I've misplaced my notes on how to do this! Maintenance Pack 5 is installed. I need step-by-step instructions to proceed. I've searched the SCO Knowledge Base site and found nothing there or elsewhere on the Web. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. SCO

Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer?

Obviously, the client browsers which came with SCO UNIX OpenServer, Netscape and Mozilla, are horribly outdated now. Does anyone know of a relatively current browser which will work in their place? (2 Replies)
2 Replies
SMC91C92_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    SMC91C92_CS(4)

NAME
smc91c92_cs - SMC 91cxx device driver SYNOPSIS
insmod smc91c92_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [if_port=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] DESCRIPTION
Smc91c92_cs is the low-level Card Services driver for SMC 91c92, 91c94, 91c96, and 91c100 based PC Card ethernet adapters. When this driver is attached to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device (eth0..eth#). This device name will be reported in the ker- nel log file, and passed on to cardmgr(8). With the default transceiver setting, the driver will attempt to continuously autodetect the transceiver type (10base2 or 10baseT). There should normally only be a one or two second lag before the correct transceiver is selected. On particularly noisy or busy networks, it is possible for the detection logic to incorrectly toggle the transceiver type. If this becomes a problem, it may be necessary to explicitly select the interface type when the module is loaded or with the ifport command. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. if_port=n Selects the transceiver type. 0 is autodetect (10baseT or 10base2), 1 is 10baseT (twisted pair), and 2 is 10base2 (BNC, or thin net). The default is 0 (autodetect). irq_list=i,j,... Specifies the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. DIAGNOSTICS
eth#: interrupt(s) dropped! Indicates that the driver did not receive an interrupt notification for some reason. The driver will poll the card (with a signifi- cant performance penalty) if the problem persists. The most likely cause is an interrupt conflict and/or host bridge configuration problem. DIAGNOSTICS
eth#: interrupt(s) dropped! Indicates that the driver did not receive an interrupt notification for some reason. The driver will poll the card (with a signifi- cant performance penalty) if the problem persists. The most likely cause is an interrupt conflict and/or host bridge configuration problem. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5), ifport(8). pcmcia-cs 2000/06/12 21:24:48 SMC91C92_CS(4)