Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Perl Module Term::ReadKey??? HELP!!! Post 16417 by killerserv on Friday 1st of March 2002 06:32:01 AM
Old 03-01-2002
one question.. after unpack perl have you run "perl makefile.pl" . If you did and you still encounter the same problem, try to visit this page http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/lib/Term/ReadKey.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a Perl Module without installing it?

I am trying to write a program that will use templates, so I figured I would use the Text::Template CPAN module... ...only problem is that I cant force my "clients" to install this module, cause they are clueless. Is there anyway that I can NOT install it for the whole machine, but install it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Module

Hi All, When I tried to install Math::Pari module in a AIX 5.3 server,I am getting the following error. # pwd /usr/local/bin # cd Math-Pari-2.010709 # perl Makefile.PL Did not find GP/PARI build directory around. Do you want to me to fetch GP/PARI automatically? (If you do not, you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing perl module

Hi, I want to install WWW:Mechanize module. Followed the following steps: 1. wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/C/CO/CORION/Bundle- WWW-Mechanize-Shell-0.29.tar.gz perl Makefile.PL make make test make install (Got the below message) Appending installation info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Protection using Term::ReadKey

Hi Friends, I execute a perl script with password as input but i wish not to print the password when i give the input. Instead when i provide the password it could be shown as "****" instead of original password. I know we can use Term::ReadKey or IO::Prompt for this, but just wanted to know if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What to copy in /lib/module while installing new kernel?

I was trying to install new kernel in my backtrack which was having kernel 3.2.6. i tried installing 3.8.5. I refered to book linux kernel in nutshell i followed every step. after i rebooted (i had set new kernel in default as my backtrack doesn't display options to select while booting) it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing ZIP module for PHP

Hi Guys, I am using SOLARIS 10 and I want to install ZIP module for PHP. I went to this link http://pecl.php.net/package/zip and I choose zip-1.12.3.tgz, the latest "stable" release, and then transferred it to my server. Then I went to my path /usr/local/apache2/conf then untar the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. Proxy Server

Problem with Installing Perl Module in Fedora 20

Hi, I have downloaded Audio::Beep. I tried to install it through CPAN but i got YAML error. Then I have tried to install it manually. I tried all the instructions provided in README file. It worked but when i am compiling , it still gives me error: # ls acct21.pl~ imap(2).pl ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zak100
15 Replies
Module::Install::AuthorRequires(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Module::Install::AuthorRequires(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::AuthorRequires - declare author-only dependencies SYNOPSIS
author_requires 'Some::Module'; author_requires 'Another::Module' => '0.42'; DESCRIPTION
Modules often have optional requirements, for example dependencies that are useful for (optional) tests, but not required for the module to work properly. Usually you want all developers of a project to have these optional modules installed. However, simply telling everyone or printing diagnostic messages if optional dependencies are missing often isn't enough to make sure all authors have all optional modules installed. "Module::Install" already has a way of detecting an author environment, so an easy way to achieve the above would be something like: if ($Module::Install::AUTHOR) { requires 'Some::Module'; requires 'Another::Module' => '0.42'; } Unfortunately, that'll also make the optional dependencies show up in the distributions "META.yml" file, which is obviously wrong, as they aren't actually hard requirements. Working that around requires a considerable amount of non-trivial Makefile.PL hackery, or simply using this module's "author_requires" command. COMMANDS
author_requires author_requires $module; author_requires $module => $version; This declares a hard dependency, that's only enforced in author environments and is not put in the generate "META.yml" file of the distribution. AUTHOR
Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2009 Florian Ragwitz This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2009-07-14 Module::Install::AuthorRequires(3pm)