Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting X in NetBSD
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Starting X in NetBSD Post 16215 by LivinFree on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 02:38:19 AM
Old 02-27-2002
Try running the command "uname -a" to let us know what system you're using. Also, for configuration, try running the command "xf86config" as root. And please try to capture somehow the actual error you're getting. It'll help pinpoint the problem a lot better.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

NetBSD Troubles

HI, I just installed NetBSD i386 v. latest. I am having a few problems: For some reason X just won't start!? Another is I can't access My CDROM or Floppy. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash in netbsd

i recently downloaded and installed bash on my netbsd box (1.5.2) and set my shell and my root shell using user mod to change the shell, command executed under root. bash is installed from my user home directory (home/joe) and i moved the bash executable to /bin/ and everything is fine, except i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

3. BSD

NetBSD Ports

They put NetBSD on a Dreamcast. Thats just awesome. What can't they put it on!? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phobos
1 Replies

4. BSD

netbsd

i have install netbsd but don't have gui?what happen?i want to a mount external usb hard drive but failure?what should i do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibnusina202003
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netbsd

which better freebsd and netbsd for server unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salehudinayubi
0 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

NetBSD on VirtualBox

Hello, guys! I use Ubuntu 9.04 as desktop operating system and I want to make some tests on NetBSD. I tried to install as a virtual sistem on VirtualBox but it doesn't want to install. You can see the error in the attached file. Do you guys have any clue about what the problem could be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

7. BSD

NetBSD on OLD laptop

I want to install NetBSD on the Compaq LTE 5000. ("Of course it runs NetBSD!!") But the laptop does NOT have a CD-ROM drive. How can I solve?? Thanks for any reply! :) PS: I hope i'm posting in the right item... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
serviceconf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    serviceconf(8)

NAME
redhat-config-services - Service Configuration Utility SYNTAX
redhat-config-services DESCRIPTION
This is a graphical tool for enabling and disabling services (including xinetd services). Functionality to start, stop, and restart ser- vices is also included. OPTIONS
None FILES
/usr/bin/redhat-config-services /usr/share/serviceconf/* EXAMPLES
To run this program simply type: redhat-config-services LIMITATIONS
This utility currently execs chkconfig --add/--del <servicename> when enabling and disabling services. This means that it does not have the same default behaviour as ntsysv. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8) ntsysv(8) BUGS
- Some services will not start or stop properly if started anywhere but the console (redhat-config-services will appear to hang in these instances). This is not a bug in redhat-config-services, but in the individual services. - Some services are incredibly hard to detect if they are running or not. Starting, stopping and restarting initscripts may give mixed results (ie. may fail if you are stopping a service that's already stopped, etc). This will be fixed; until then it's a bug. AUTHORS
Tim Powers <timp@redhat.com> Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> Wed May 16 2001 serviceconf(8)