Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Log
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP Log Post 1617 by Mike11 on Tuesday 20th of March 2001 12:52:55 PM
Old 03-20-2001
Is there a file in unix that contains all IP's connected. If not, what command can I use to make one?

Michael Stevens

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS command checkin log minus tag log

Hi What is the cvs command for getting the diff between the checkin log and tag log. i am trying cvs rdiff -s -r <branch Tag> -r <branch> <module> but it is not giving me the files that were not tagged. I think it is doing a diff for common files in head and tag. Please help ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
0 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

/var/log/wtmp SuSE log permission rollback

Hello All, On my SuSE system, I have wtmp log this log file permission is 644 but every reboot the file permission rollback to 664. In the logrotate.conf and logrotate.d/wtmp files the wtmp logrotate set to 644. I would like to know, which "file" or "script" modify the wtmp log to rollback to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor log entries in log files with no Date format? - Efficient logcheck?

is there a way to efficiently monitor logfiles that do not have a date or time format? i have several logs on several different servers that need to be monitored. but i realized writing a script for this would be very complex and time consuming giving the variety of things i need to check for i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check log file size every 10 minute. Alert if log not update

How to check log size every 10min. by script (can use crontab) if log size not change with alert "Log not update" Base run on SunOS 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise logFiles="log1.log log2.log" logLocation="/usr/home/test/log/" Out put. Tue Jan 31... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log search and mail it if the log is updated before 24 hours from the current time

Hi , We have around 22 logs , each has different entries. I have to automate this using shell script. The ideas which am sharing is given below 1) We use only TAIL -100 <location and name of the log> Command to check the logs. 2) We want to check whether the log was updated before 24... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
13 Replies

9. Web Development

How to log http 404 error to a separate log file?

Apache Web Server: how to log http 404 error to a separate log file and i do not want to log in access.log please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log all the commands input by user at real time in /var/log/messages

Below is my script to log all the command input by any user to /var/log/messages. But I cant achieve the desired output that i want. PLease see below. function log2syslog { declare COMMAND COMMAND=$(fc -ln -0) logger -p local1.notice -t bash -i -- "$USER:$COMMAND" } trap... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
12 Replies
FSTAT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  FSTAT(8)

NAME
fstat - file status SYNOPSIS
fstat [ -u user ] [ -p pid ] [ filename... ] DESCRIPTION
Fstat identifies open files. A file is considered open if a process has it open, if it is the working directory for a process, or if it is an active pure text file. If no options are specified, fstat reports on all open files. Options: -u Report all files open by a specified user. -p Report all files open by a specified process id. filename... Restrict reports to the specified files. If the file is a block special file, fstat additionally reports on any open files on that device, treating it as a mounted file system. The following fields are printed USER The username of the owner of the process. CMD The command name of the process. PID The process id. FD The file number in the per-process open file table. The special names "text" and "wd" mean that the file is the pure text inode or the working directory for the process. If the file number is followed by an asterick (*), then the file is not an inode, but either a socket, fifo, or has an error of some kind. In this case the rest of the entry is variable format, doesn't correspond to the rest of the headings, and is enclosed in parenthesis. The following paragraph describing sockets will explain the variable format. DEVICE Major minor number of the device this file exists on. INODE The inode number of the file. SIZE The size in bytes of the file. TYPE The type of the file. (see sys/file.h) Sockets The formating of open sockets depends on the protocol domain. In all cases the first field is the domain name, the second field is the socket type (stream, dgram, etc), and the third is the socket flags field (in hex). The remaining fields are protocol dependent. For tcp, it is the address of the tcpcb, and for udp, the inpcb (socket pcb). For unix domain sockets, its the address of the socket pcb and the address of the connected pcb (if connected). Otherwise the protocol number and address of the socket itself are printed. The idea is not to duplicate netstat, but to make available enough information for further analysis. For example, the addresses mentioned above are the addresses which the "netstat -A" command would print for tcp, udp, and unixdomain. Note that since pipe(2) is implemented with sock- ets, a pipe appears as a connected unix domain stream socket. A unidirectional unix domain socket indicates the direction of flow with an arrow ("<-" or "->"), and a full duplex socket shows a double arrow ("<->"). BUGS
Socket information clutters the output. Since fstat takes a snapshot of the system, it is only correct for a very short period of time. SEE ALSO
ps(1), pstat(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution December 12, 1987 FSTAT(8)