Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quadratic Formula Program
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Quadratic Formula Program Post 15977 by Neo on Friday 22nd of February 2002 10:32:10 AM
Old 02-22-2002
Good job everyone. This is an example of the posting doing his/her own work and being stuck on a tricky syntax or font issue. Posting homework problems are clearly frowned upon, but in this case considerable effort and work was put into the problem and the confusion between a "1" and an "I" was not really part of the assignment.

Perderabo did a stellar job in the way he answered this post Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formula in a script

I need some help. I been doing system admin for the last several years and gotten very rusty on scripting. I need to write a script that will take a log entry and do math using two columns of data to create a new column. I am taking the column(#2) that contains the time and the column(#5) that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
3 Replies

2. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formula help

The formula below will calculate a distance in miles between 2 points in excel. Can some put it to work in unix? Lat = 43.335 Lon1 = -70.9884 Lat2 = 43.4829 Lon2 = -71.246 distance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create script for this formula?

Hello Unix gurus, Can anyone tell me the most efficient way to create script for the formula? Formula: Ans = 1 - ((Buffer pool data physical reads + Buffer pool xda physical reads + Buffer pool index physical reads + Buffer pool temporary data physical reads + Buffer pool temporary xda... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula to get combination… sum

Formula to get combination Lats say, I have 5 values ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 Resule with Possible combinations will be ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 1+1 10 1+2 15 1+3 35 1+4 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Formula to Value

I'm new to Perl, but I need to use it to write into an excel spreadsheet. I want to copy the values of certain cells into a new sheet in the workbook. I'm unsure of how to do this because I don't know how to copy values instead of formulas. Note: by formula I mean '=SUM(A1,A2)' and by value I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AgentSmith88
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

formula missing in excel after using perl

Dear all, I got a template excel file which contains several worksheets. Each worksheet contains some formulas in the cells. I am using the perl script to read a CSV file and then put the data of CSV into template excel file(first worksheet) and then save it as new file name using ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula missing in excel after using perl

Hi all, I use "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser" to - read a existing excel file with : $Parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser->new(); $HeaderFile = $Parser->Parse("XLS_FILE_ACCESS"); - modify some values in somes cell with : $worksheet->AddCell($row_target,$col_max,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yom
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A strange formula

Dear Masters, Kindly need your helps for this issue.. I face a formula as a picture... the input file is A DEPT Vp Vs rho VPperVS ------------------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ 700 151.9218 121.9269 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Formula calculate scan rate

Hi There, Just curious here... If there formula to calculate scan rate on solaris? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies
stopped(7)                                               Miscellaneous Information Manual                                               stopped(7)

NAME
stopped - event signalling that a job has stopped SYNOPSIS
stopped JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopped event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has stopped. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job was stopped normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job was stopped because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job was stopped because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the starting(7) event by services when inserting themselves as a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopped event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been stopped might use: start on stopped postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopping(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopped(7)