Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quadratic Formula Program
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Quadratic Formula Program Post 15977 by Neo on Friday 22nd of February 2002 10:32:10 AM
Old 02-22-2002
Good job everyone. This is an example of the posting doing his/her own work and being stuck on a tricky syntax or font issue. Posting homework problems are clearly frowned upon, but in this case considerable effort and work was put into the problem and the confusion between a "1" and an "I" was not really part of the assignment.

Perderabo did a stellar job in the way he answered this post Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formula in a script

I need some help. I been doing system admin for the last several years and gotten very rusty on scripting. I need to write a script that will take a log entry and do math using two columns of data to create a new column. I am taking the column(#2) that contains the time and the column(#5) that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
3 Replies

2. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formula help

The formula below will calculate a distance in miles between 2 points in excel. Can some put it to work in unix? Lat = 43.335 Lon1 = -70.9884 Lat2 = 43.4829 Lon2 = -71.246 distance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create script for this formula?

Hello Unix gurus, Can anyone tell me the most efficient way to create script for the formula? Formula: Ans = 1 - ((Buffer pool data physical reads + Buffer pool xda physical reads + Buffer pool index physical reads + Buffer pool temporary data physical reads + Buffer pool temporary xda... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula to get combination… sum

Formula to get combination Lats say, I have 5 values ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 Resule with Possible combinations will be ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 1+1 10 1+2 15 1+3 35 1+4 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Formula to Value

I'm new to Perl, but I need to use it to write into an excel spreadsheet. I want to copy the values of certain cells into a new sheet in the workbook. I'm unsure of how to do this because I don't know how to copy values instead of formulas. Note: by formula I mean '=SUM(A1,A2)' and by value I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AgentSmith88
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

formula missing in excel after using perl

Dear all, I got a template excel file which contains several worksheets. Each worksheet contains some formulas in the cells. I am using the perl script to read a CSV file and then put the data of CSV into template excel file(first worksheet) and then save it as new file name using ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula missing in excel after using perl

Hi all, I use "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser" to - read a existing excel file with : $Parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser->new(); $HeaderFile = $Parser->Parse("XLS_FILE_ACCESS"); - modify some values in somes cell with : $worksheet->AddCell($row_target,$col_max,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yom
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A strange formula

Dear Masters, Kindly need your helps for this issue.. I face a formula as a picture... the input file is A DEPT Vp Vs rho VPperVS ------------------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ 700 151.9218 121.9269 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Formula calculate scan rate

Hi There, Just curious here... If there formula to calculate scan rate on solaris? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies
TheSchwartz::Worker(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  TheSchwartz::Worker(3pm)

NAME
TheSchwartz::Worker - superclass for defining task behavior SYNOPSIS
package MyWorker; use base qw( TheSchwartz::Worker ); sub work { my $class = shift; my TheSchwartz::Job $job = shift; print "Workin' hard or hardly workin'? Hyuk!! "; $job->completed(); } package main; my $client = TheSchwartz->new( databases => $DATABASE_INFO ); $client->can_do('MyWorker'); $client->work(); DESCRIPTION
TheSchwartz::Worker objects are the salt of the reliable job queuing earth. The behavior required to perform posted jobs are defined in subclasses of TheSchwartz::Worker. These subclasses are named for the ability required of a "TheSchwartz" client to do the job, so that the clients can dispatch automatically to the approprate worker routine. Because jobs can be performed by any machine running code for capable worker classes, "TheSchwartz::Worker"s are generally stateless. All mutable state is stored in the "TheSchwartz::Job" objects. This means all "TheSchwartz::Worker" methods are class methods, and "TheSchwartz::Worker" classes are generally never instantiated. SUBCLASSING
Define and customize how a job is performed by overriding these methods in your subclass: "$class->work( $job )" Performs the job that required ability $class. Override this method to define how to do the job you're defining. Note that will need to call "$job->completed()" or "$job->failed()" as appropriate to indicate success or failure. See TheSchwartz::Job. "$class->max_retries( $job )" Returns the number of times workers should attempt the given job. After this many tries, the job is marked as completed with errors (that is, a "TheSchwartz::ExitStatus" is recorded for it) and removed from the queue. By default, returns 0. "$class->retry_delay( $num_failures )" Returns the number of seconds after a failure workers should wait until reattempting a job that has already failed $num_failures times. By default, returns 0. "$class->keep_exit_status_for()" Returns the number of seconds to allow a "TheSchwartz::ExitStatus" record for a job performed by this worker class to exist. By default, returns 0. "$class->grab_for()" Returns the number of seconds workers of this class will claim a grabbed a job. That is, returns the length of the timeout after which other workers will decide a worker that claimed a job has crashed or faulted without marking the job failed. Jobs that are marked as failed by a worker are also marked for immediate retry after a delay indicated by "retry_delay()". USAGE
"$class->grab_job( $client )" Finds and claims a job for workers with ability $class, using "TheSchwartz" client $client. This job can then be passed to "work()" or "work_safely()" to perform it. "$class->work_safely( $job )" Performs the job associated with the worker's class name. If an error is thrown while doing the job, the job is appropriately marked as failed, unlike when calling "work()" directly. perl v5.10.0 2008-03-02 TheSchwartz::Worker(3pm)