Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to shutdown
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users to shutdown Post 15673 by warrend on Monday 18th of February 2002 12:42:30 PM
Old 02-18-2002
wouldn't that shut down the system not the client?

rajashekaran are you looking for a script that "polls" the client - decides if it active then disconnects it if it isn't?

W

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown script

Hi Guys, I want to execute few of my bash script, so that whenever someone calls shutdown now -r command, I want my script to execute first before shutting down. Any help please????? I've just started playing with the unix system, so far its been brilliant.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_manic
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

True Shutdown help!

ok, i know the syntax that goes along with the Shutdown command... but my box never wants to ... well... shutdown.. it only halts, kills all the process's, stalls the comp to a complete stop, but does actually kill the monitor and/or shut off the physical computer. it will reboot properly though,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown

Firstly uname -a = UnixWare companyname 5 7.1.4 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR5 Server is an HP Proliant ML350 G4 Tower Right, now to the problem. We frequently have power outtages and lightning strikes here due to our location in a VERY rural part of the UK. As such, I need to be able to remotely... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aewpcoles
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A script for shutdown

I want to make a script to shutdown a unixware computer from other user then root. In Sco version i use "as root" but in the unixware i don't know. Please help me. 10x (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelu
12 Replies

5. AIX

server is getting shutdown

Hi Guys, Please help in this...when we start HACMP services ..server is getting shutdon. Error mesg from cluster.log. Apr 14 08:43:27 bascop17 snmpd: NOTICE: SMUX trap: (0 0) (127.0.0.1+46302+1) Apr 14 08:43:33 bascop17 topsvcs: (Recorded using libct_ffdc.a cv 2):::Error ID:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'shutdown' and 'cat'

Hi All, This is actually a good interview question. On linux, the permissions and group for 'shutdown' and 'cat' is the same. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18K 2008-05-21 10:43 shutdown -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17K 2007-01-30 19:51 cat Then why is it that a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsiddharth
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown Script

Im writing a script to read a file called shutdown.cf and shut down any scripts that are listed there. I have came up with the following based on things I saw in similar programs but it doesn not work: Has anybody any idea what I may be doing wrong? Cheers Paul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
4 Replies

9. AIX

Server Shutdown

Hi, is it possible to find out ip address of user who has shutdown or rebooted the server , I have used the command errpt -a , in that it is showing server rebooted but it is not showing ip address who has shutdown the serve, even I have used command last reboot. Please suggest. Regards, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

10. AIX

plink shutdown

Hi, I'm testing out this plink script - which will be executed to shutdown multiple LPARs. This consists from: plink -i /path/ssh/cert/ root@host shutdown -F plink -i /path/ssh/cert/ root@host2 shutdown -F The commands gets executed, however it stops on one host, and does not move... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie01
6 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)                                              User Commands                                             asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)