Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Graphics And Animation
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Graphics And Animation Post 15340 by LivinFree on Wednesday 13th of February 2002 04:40:16 AM
Old 02-13-2002
First off, please do not post in all caps.

Next, I don't really understand what exactly you're asking.
Are you wanting to know which languages are used for 3d animation? Or why one is better than the other?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi, I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation. I mean one-liner one variable real function. Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ? Or please refer me to a nice web site. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop animation

This is just for fun but i can't work it out I want to animate this dotted line in a shell script. .................................................................................. I want it to start at one dot like this . and end up printing them all. I think I need a while loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
CAP_CLEAR(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      CAP_CLEAR(3)

NAME
cap_clear, cap_get_flag, cap_set_flag - capability data object manipulation SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/capability.h> int cap_clear(cap_t cap_p); int cap_get_flag(cap_t cap_p, cap_value_t cap, cap_flag_t flag, cap_flag_value_t *value_p); int cap_set_flag(cap_t cap_p, cap_flag_t flag, int ncap, cap_value_t *caps, cap_flag_value_t value); USAGE
cc ... -lcap DESCRIPTION
cap_clear initializes the capability state in working storage identified by cap_p in such a way that all capability flags are cleared. cap_get_flag obtains the current value of the capability flag, flag, of the capability, cap, from the capability state identified by cap_p and places it in the location pointed to by value_p. cap_set_flag sets the flag, flag, of each capability in the array caps in the capability state identified by cap_p to value. The argument, ncap, is used to specify the number of capabilities in the array, caps. A cap_value_t can identify any capability, such as CAP_CHOWN. A cap_flag_t can be set to CAP_EFFECTIVE, CAP_INHERITABLE or CAP_PERMITTED. A cap_flag_value_t can be CAP_CLEAR (0) or CAP_SET (1). RETURN VALUE
cap_clear, cap_get_flag and cap_set_flag return zero on success, and -1 on failure. On failure, errno(3) is set to EINVAL, indicating that one of the arguments is invalid. CONFORMING TO
These functions are specified by POSIX.1e. SEE ALSO
cap_copy_ext(3), cap_from_text(3), cap_get_file(3), cap_get_proc(3), cap_init(3) 26th May 1997 CAP_CLEAR(3)