Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sharing :0
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sharing :0 Post 15286 by dartay on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 03:52:48 PM
Old 02-12-2002
sharing :0

I need some help on sharing the :0 display with access from a remote cunix box

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

sharing swap fs

hi I have one little question. Can I use one swap fs for two unix? I have one Linux, and soon one Solaris, I'm about to create the filesystem for Install Solaris, and I wonder if I can use swap space that I'm already have. So there is not going to be two unix running at the same time, so I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: comadreja
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet sharing

I wanted to share internet with my Server running Win 2000 and client on Solaris 8. I networked them with a hub and 2 NICs on Server. Is there any software to share the internet? Need help!!!!!!!!!! Thanks... Praveen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem sharing

Hello guys. I am runnign SCO OSr5 and I need to share the modem with the local PCs in my network.. Can some one help? is this posible and if it is, how? F,Ruiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file sharing

i want to share some file to some user of my group(there are many users in a perticular group). So how should i do that?And i m not a super user. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

sharing a directory

Im trying to simply share a directory on one unix server and mount that share on a different unix server. There is no "share" command like on sun. What is the command to create a share on HP-UX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bski
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sharing a printer

i have made a network between 2 computers and with 1 of the computers i have added a printer. how can get the other computer to be shared so he can use the printer. i am using unix fedora btw. thanks very much ppl. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_jon85
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File sharing

I'm not sur how Im a new user (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1982
6 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Processes sharing.......

What are the differences in processes sharing variables, memory pages or files? Is one safer than another? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS_CC
1 Replies
cupsctl(8)							    Apple Inc.								cupsctl(8)

NAME
cupsctl - configure cupsd.conf options SYNOPSIS
cupsctl [ -E ] [-U username ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ --[no-]debug-logging ] [ --[no-]remote-admin ] [ --[no-]remote-any ] [ --[no-]remote- printers ] [ --[no-]share-printers ] [ --[no-]user-cancel-any ] [ name=value ] DESCRIPTION
cupsctl updates or queries the cupsd.conf file for a server. When no changes are requested, the current configuration values are written to the standard output in the format "name=value", one per line. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized: -E Enables encryption on the connection to the scheduler. -U username Specifies an alternate username to use when authenticating with the scheduler. -h server[:port] Specifies the server address. --[no-]debug-logging Enables or disables debug logging in the error_log file. --[no-]remote-admin Enables or disables remote administration. --[no-]remote-any Enables or disables printing from any address, e.g. the Internet. --[no-]remote-printers Enables or disables the display of remote printers shared via the CUPS, LDAP, or SLP protocols. --[no-]share-printers Enables or disables sharing of local printers with other computers. --[no-]user-cancel-any Allows or prevents users from canceling jobs owned by others. EXAMPLES
Display the current settings: cupsctl Enable debug logging: cupsctl --debug-logging Get the current debug logging state: cupsctl | grep '^_debug_logging' | awk -F= '{print $2}' Disable printer sharing: cupsctl --no-shared-printers Enable printing using the file: pseudo-device: cupsctl FileDevice=Yes SEE ALSO
cupsd.conf(5), cupsd(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 5 July 2007 CUPS cupsctl(8)