Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse Display
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reverse Display Post 15215 by LivinFree on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 04:47:34 AM
Old 02-12-2002
Is there any difference between "tput rev" and "tput smso"?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse multiword

Just check out the script... 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 echo -n "Enter a string :: " 4 read str 5 echo -n "Reverse is :: " 6 l=`expr length "$str"` 7 while 8 do 9 m=`echo $str | cut -c "$l"` 10 echo -n $m 11 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse of a string

Hi All, I have a String str="Manish". I would like to reverse it. I know the option to do this in bash is: echo "Manish" | rev but I have seen an alternate solution somewhere, which states that: str="Manish" echo $str | awk '{ for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s",substr($0,i,1));... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse Display of a file

Hi all, Just saw a "sed" format to reverse display the file contents, but am not geting its logic completely. I would appreciate if somebody can explain sed '1!G;h;$!d' < filename All I know in this is that : G will add a new line after every line except first one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse even lines

I'm trying to reverse every even line in my file using the awk command below but it prints only the odd lines but nothing else: $ awk '(NR % 2) {print}; !(NR % 2) {print | "rev";}' myfile Any idea what I might have done wrong? Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse complement

I want to reverse some DNA sequences and complement them at the same time. Thus, A changes to T; C to G; T to A and G to C. example: infile >GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT1 TTGATGT >GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT2 TTGATGT outfile: >GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT1 ACATCAA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT2 ACATCAA The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse command

Hi, Apologies in advance - out of my scope here but would love your help. I have the following command on destination system to copy data from one system to another: rcmd "cd data; find . -print|cpio -ocB" | dd ibs=5k obs=5k|cpio -iducmvB I am looking to run a once off command from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: depn
1 Replies
TPUT(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TPUT(1)

NAME
tput, clear -- terminal capability interface SYNOPSIS
tput [-T term] attribute [attribute-args] ... DESCRIPTION
tput makes terminal-dependent information available to users or shell applications. The options are as follows: -T The terminal name as specified in the terminfo(5) database, for example, ``vt100'' or ``xterm''. If not specified, tput retrieves the ``TERM'' variable from the environment. tput outputs a string if the attribute is of type string; a number if it is of type integer. Otherwise, tput exits 0 if the terminal has the capability and 1 if it does not, without further action. If the attribute is of type string, and takes arguments (e.g. cursor movement, the terminfo ``cup'' sequence) the arguments are taken from the command line immediately following the attribute. The following special attributes are available: clear Clear the screen (the terminfo(5) ``cl'' sequence). init Initialize the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``is2'' sequence). longname Print the descriptive name of the user's terminal type. reset Reset the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``rs1, rs2, rs3'' and ``rf'' sequence). EXIT STATUS
The exit status of tput is based on the last attribute specified. If the attribute is of type string or of type integer, tput exits 0 if the attribute is defined for this terminal type and 1 if it is not. If the attribute is of type boolean, tput exits 0 if the terminal has this attribute, and 1 if it does not. tput exits 2 if any error occurred. EXAMPLES
tput cl cm 5 10 clear the screen and goto line 5 column 10 tput cm 6 11 DC 6 goto line 6 column 11 and delete 6 characters SEE ALSO
termcap(3), termcap(5) HISTORY
The tput command appears in 4.4BSD. BUGS
tput can't really distinguish between different types of attributes. Not all terminfo entries contain the reset sequence, so using the init sequence may be more useful. BSD
September 29, 2009 BSD