Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending hex to a port
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sending hex to a port Post 15121 by LLL on Monday 11th of February 2002 06:12:53 AM
Old 02-11-2002
Thats what I would like to do, Is there a way to set the type of infromation being sent?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script - Sending files on a particular port

I've written some basic programs in Perl, but unwaware abut socket programming in Perl. I need to write a file called syslog, onto port 514 of another host from port 514 of my machine. Is this possible in Perl? Which modules are to be used? Regards, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Fedora

Sending a byte to the parallel port

Greetings, A sort of newbie question... I would like to control a couple of stepper motors via the parallel port using C code. I have discovered in Linux, the ioperm() function is required before the outportb() function can be used to send a byte to the parallel port. My problem is ioperm()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyerga00
1 Replies

3. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

4. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with "sed" some hex values by other hex values?

Assume I have a file \usr\home\\somedir\myfile123.txt and I want to replace all occurencies of the two (concatenated) hex values x'AD' x'A0' bytwo other (concatenated) hex values x'20' x'6E' How can I achieve this with the gnu sed tool? Additional question: Is there a way to let sed show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
AMIDI(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AMIDI(1)

NAME
amidi - read from and write to ALSA RawMIDI ports SYNOPSIS
amidi [-p port] [-s file | -S data] [-r file] [-d] [-t seconds] [-a] DESCRIPTION
amidi is a command-line utility which allows to receive and send SysEx (system exclusive) data from/to external MIDI devices. It can also send any other MIDI commands. amidi handles only files containing raw MIDI commands, without timing information. amidi does not support Standard MIDI (.mid) files, but aplaymidi(1) and arecordmidi(1) do. OPTIONS
Use the -h, -V, -l, or -L options to display information; or use at least one of the -s, -r, -S, or -d options to specify what data to send or receive. -h, --help Help: prints a list of options. -V, --version Prints the current version. -l, --list-devices Prints a list of all hardware MIDI ports. -L, --list-rawmidis Prints all RawMIDI definitions. (used when debugging configuration files) -p, --port=name Sets the name of the ALSA RawMIDI port to use. If this is not specified, amidi uses the default port defined in the configuration file (the default for this is port 0 on card 0, which may not exist). -s, --send=filename Sends the contents of the specified file to the MIDI port. The file must contain raw MIDI commands (e.g. a .syx file); for Standard MIDI (.mid) files, use aplaymidi(1). -r, --receive=filename Writes data received from the MIDI port into the specified file. The file will contain raw MIDI commands (such as in a .syx file); to record a Standard MIDI (.mid) file, use arecordmidi(1). amidi will filter out any Active Sensing bytes (FEh), unless the -a option has been given. -S, --send-hex="..." Sends the bytes specified as hexadecimal numbers to the MIDI port. -d, --dump Prints data received from the MIDI port as hexadecimal bytes. Active Sensing bytes (FEh) will not be shown, unless the -a option has been given. This option is useful for debugging. -t, --timeout=seconds Stops receiving data when no data has been received for the specified amount of time. If this option has not been given, you must press Ctrl+C (or kill amidi) to stop receiving data. -a, --active-sensing Does not ignore Active Sensing bytes (FEh) when saving or printing received MIDI commands. EXAMPLES
amidi -p hw:0 -s my_settings.syx will send the MIDI commands in my_settings.syx to port hw:0. amidi -S 'F0 43 10 4C 00 00 7E 00 F7' sends an XG Reset to the default port. amidi -p hw:1,2 -S F0411042110C000000000074F7 -r dump.syx -t 1 sends a "Parameter Dump Request" to a GS device, saves the received parameter data to the file dump.syx, and stops after the device has finished sending data (when no data has been received for one second). amidi -p virtual -d creates a virtual RawMIDI port and prints all data sent to this port. FILES
/usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf default rawmidi definitions /etc/asound.conf system-wide rawmidi definitions ~/.asoundrc user specific rawmidi definitions SEE ALSO
aplaymidi(1) arecordmidi(1) AUTHOR
Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de> 26 Jun 2006 AMIDI(1)