Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Status
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Network Status Post 15030 by Neo on Friday 8th of February 2002 05:04:53 PM
Old 02-08-2002
Use the lsof command line utility to see what processes are bound to which sockets.

netstat -a shows all listening sockets, even listening sockets that have no active connections, BTW.

Search the forums with keywords lsof to find out more and where to download. LSOF has been discussed quite a few times.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Network Card Status Script

I have multiple Sun Solaris 8 systems running multiple network cards. (Mix of quad and gig cards.) What I would like to do is create a monitor script to ensure high availability of these cards. Has anyone ever had a situation like this? I was thinking of using the ping command, but am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krusty
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to retrieve network link status from Kernel?

I have need for a reliable and easy way to get from within a script, or a java class, the status of the network interface cards (whether the link is up, or down). I believe the kernel status would be quicker to know if they were up or down rather than if a ping simply didnt respond back. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to detect the network cable status with c programming on AIX

Hello, Is there any API or any other approach to detect whether the network cable is connected to the network adapter, say, en0, en1 or en2? The OS is AIX6.1. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephyrbj
4 Replies

4. AIX

Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running

Hi I am currently testing SCOM2012 on my AIX systems for monitoring. I tested it on 3 systems and immediately i got the following errors: Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running Source: AIX 7.1 Path: (left blank) Last modified by: (left blank) Last modified time:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down

Hi All, RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down. when I unplug network cable. - ESX found interface down - but VM RHEL4 not detect that !, It show still up (mii-tool) Please help share you idea for my case. ESXi 5.1.0, RHEL4 Thank you, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network script for ping status

Actually I am using Red hat Linux 4.4 version. I want to check the 16 client pc status of connection from server.Whether the connection is available or not.I tried to develop the shell script for this code.But It don't work properly.I am a self study learner.Please give me a shell script for this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Link aggregation and status of network interfaces in “ipadm” command

I am again rephrasing the issue that we are facing: We are creating link aggregations with two interfaces named net0 & net5: # dladm create-aggr -m dlmp -l net0 -l net5 -l net2 aggr1 Setting prob targets for aggr1: # dladm set-linkprop -p probe-ip=+ aggr1 Setting failure detection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
3 Replies

8. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies
SS(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     SS(8)

NAME
ss - another utility to investigate sockets SYNOPSIS
ss [options] [ FILTER ] DESCRIPTION
ss is used to dump socket statistics. It allows showing information similar to netstat. It can display more TCP and state informations than other tools. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -V, --version Output version information. -n, --numeric Do now try to resolve service names. -r, --resolve Try to resolve numeric address/ports. -a, --all Display all sockets. -l, --listening Display listening sockets. -o, --options Show timer information. -e, --extended Show detailed socket information -m, --memory Show socket memory usage. -p, --processes Show process using socket. -i, --info Show internal TCP information. -s, --summary Print summary statistics. This option does not parse socket lists obtaining summary from various sources. It is useful when amount of sockets is so huge that parsing /proc/net/tcp is painful. -4, --ipv4 Display only IP version 4 sockets (alias for -f inet). -6, --ipv6 Display only IP version 6 sockets (alias for -f inet6). -0, --packet Display PACKET sockets. -t, --tcp Display only TCP sockets. -u, --udp Display only UDP sockets. -d, --dccp Display only DCCP sockets. -w, --raw Display only RAW sockets. -x, --unix Display only Unix domain sockets. -f FAMILY, --family=FAMILY Display sockets of type FAMILY. Currently the following families are supported: unix, inet, inet6, link, netlink. -A QUERY, --query=QUERY List of socket tables to dump, separated by commas. The following identifiers are understood: all, inet, tcp, udp, raw, unix, packet, netlink, unix_dgram, unix_stream, packet_raw, packet_dgram. -D FILE Do not display anything, just dump raw information about TCP sockets to FILE after applying filters. If FILE is - stdout is used. -F FILE, --filter=FILE Read filter information from FILE. Each line of FILE is interpreted like single command line option. If FILE is - stdin is used. FILTER := [ state TCP-STATE ] [ EXPRESSION ] Please take a look at the official documentation (Debian package iproute-doc) for details regarding filters. USAGE EXAMPLES
ss -t -a Display all TCP sockets. ss -u -a Display all UDP sockets. ss -o state established '( dport = :ssh or sport = :ssh )' Display all established ssh connections. ss -x src /tmp/.X11-unix/* Find all local processes connected to X server. ss -o state fin-wait-1 '( sport = :http or sport = :https )' dst 193.233.7/24 List all the tcp sockets in state FIN-WAIT-1 for our apache to network 193.233.7/24 and look at their timers. SEE ALSO
ip(8), /usr/share/doc/iproute-doc/ss.html (package iproutedoc) AUTHOR
ss was written by Alexey Kuznetosv, <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>. This manual page was written by Michael Prokop <mika@grml.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SS(8)