Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crash Kills Printer Device
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crash Kills Printer Device Post 15009 by ckurt on Friday 8th of February 2002 02:10:06 PM
Old 02-08-2002
Hog - thanks! I'm supporting this issue from a thousand miles away, and they ended up calling in their local Unix tech to fix it, so I"m off the hook.

To quote a mafioso, "I keep trying to get out, but they keep pulling me back in."

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP function kills my code?

So I'm making a page for one of my web sites that scans the visitors ports (just a few specific ones, not ALL) and tells them if they have any open. Now I made up the code and it worked great. Now instead of having the same chunk of code all over my script, I tried to make my own subroutine so I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
10 Replies

2. SuSE

Linux kills windows :(

Hey all, I've tired installing Suse 9.2 (DVD) on my computer, dual boot. But everytime I do it Linux seems to kill my Windows install. This is my setup, a 120GB HDD and for 30GB for Windows 60GB for Data and 30 GB for Linux. Windows works fine, then install SuSe and that works fine. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

application exit kills shells

Hi all, I start my application from a shell command-line. When I exit my application, it kills the shell that its returning too. Worse yet, since I have init respawning the shell all those subsequent shells get killed automatically...so I get output like the following (the >> is the prompt for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q1001001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kills command

what are the header files required for the kills command in kernel version 2.4? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shwe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script, child kills parent

Hello everyone, I'm trying to write a script, i would like to say the child kills the parent, how would i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy21
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A Program Which Generates a Script Which Kills It

I have a C++ program, running on Fedora Linux, which has to be able to update itself to a new version, which it can obtain from a server. The way I do this is to have it create a shell script which kills it (the parent process), uninstalls it, downloads the new version (actually it does this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
1 Replies

7. Solaris

dedicated crash dump device

Hello Guys, I need a little help here. I have been studying crash dump and per what I am reading, you can dedicate a slice to use as a dump device. Now when you dedicate this slice, do you have to : 1) create a mount point? 2) add entry in /etc/vfstab? 3) is this slice wu or wm? 4) should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel crash - NULL pointer dereference when calling DEVICE_WRITE from KTHREAD in a USB device drive

I'm writing a simple USB driver to drive a stepper motor based on USB Skeleton 2.2 Driver, kernel 3.8. The basic version is running properly. As a advancement, I introduced KTHREAD to call the DEVICE_WRITE (skel_write) (), so that the driver will be available for other tasks & requests. Calling... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miteshgaware
0 Replies
hook_t(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						hook_t(9S)

NAME
hook_t - callback structure for subscribing to netinfo events SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hook.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
The hook_t data structure defines a callback that is to be inserted into a networking event. This data structure must be allocated with a call to hook_alloc() and released with a call to hook_free(). STRUCTURE MEMBERS
hook_func_t h_func; /* callback function to invoke */ char *h_name; /* unique name given to the hook */ int h_flags; hook_hint_t h_hint; /* insertion hint type */ uintptr_t h_hintvalue; /* used with h_hint */ void *h_arg; /* value to pass into h_func */ typedef int (*hook_func_t)(net_event_t token, hook_data_t info, void *); HINT TYPES Hook hints are hints that are used at the time of insertion and are not rules that enforce where a hook lives for its entire lifetime on an event. The valid values for the h_hint field are: HH_NONE Insert the hook wherever convenient. HH_FIRST Place the hook first on the list of hooks. HH_LAST Place the hook last on the list of hooks. HH_BEFORE Place the hook before another hook on the list of hooks. The value in h_hintvalue must be a pointer to the name of another hook. HH_AFTER Place the hook after another hook on the list of hooks. The value in h_hintvalue must be a pointer to the name of another hook. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
netinfo(9F) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 hook_t(9S)