Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editor Wars!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Editor Wars! Post 14628 by mib on Monday 4th of February 2002 09:05:25 AM
Old 02-04-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Neo
I use:
  • VI for all my UNIX text file editing. VI is extremely fast and the search and replace functions are incredible!
  • MS Word for shared business documents because that is how my clients do business.

I wonder what would be your opinion about latest RMS article "We can put an end to Word attachments" Smilie

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?...38&mode=thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Word(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation   WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Word(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Word - Fill a word into an HTML form field SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller; use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Word; my $f = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller->new(); # Create a random value for the HTML field "login" my $login = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Word->new( login => size => 1 ); $f->add_value( login => $login ); # Alternatively take the following shorthand, which adds the # field to the list as well : # If there is no password, put a random one out of the list there my $password = $f->add_filler( password => Random::Word => size => 1 ); # Spew some bogus text into the comments field my $comments = $f->add_filler( comments => Random::Word => size => 10 ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides a way to write a randomly chosen value into a HTML field. new NAME, LIST Creates a new value which will correspond to the HTML field "NAME". The "LIST" is the list of arguments passed to Data::Random::rand_words. If the list is empty, "size => 1" is assumed. name [NEWNAME] Gets and sets the name of the HTML field this value corresponds to. value FIELD Returns the value to put into the HTML field. EXPORT None by default. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Copyright (C) 2002,2003 Max Maischein AUTHOR
Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> Please contact me if you find bugs or otherwise improve the module. More tests are also very welcome ! SEE ALSO
Data::Random, WWW::Mechanize, WWW::Mechanize::Shell, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Value, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Default, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Fixed, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Interactive perl v5.10.1 2009-04-24 WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Word(3pm)