Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QUESTION...simple program?
Top Forums Programming QUESTION...simple program? Post 14600 by jj1814 on Sunday 3rd of February 2002 07:05:40 PM
Old 02-03-2002
Thank you so much for helping me out.

I'm trying to write this in the C language. So far I have this:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <iostream.h>

main()
{
cout<<"You have entered my 1814 shell"<<endl;
bool exit=true;
char *line[10];
int n=0;
getline(line[n]);
while (!(exit))
{
line[n]=0;
cout<<"READY:#";
cout<<"The command you typed was: " <<line[0];
execv(line[0],NULL);
}
}

ANYbody.....Everybody... Smilie

Last edited by jj1814; 02-04-2002 at 01:27 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Simple Network Program Difficulties

I'm trying to write 2 programs, client & server, that communicate with integers, however, all resources I have found on the net assume that you want to send and recieve information as a character array. I don't want to send my integers as characters, I want to send them as ints (casting them to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mistwolf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Programming

a simple chat program

any suggestions on how i could create a simple chat program between two terminals using pipes? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
1 Replies

4. Programming

Xlib simple program.

I don't know if it is right to ask you this. Can someone help me write a simple Xlib program,with button on it,and all that button do is switch 2 messages. I have tried and tried,but never get past Hello World. Can someone help me please? ---------- Post updated at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this simple program in APUE?

I start wetting my toes in Linux programming. I tried the first program myls.c in Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment. #include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> #include "apue.h" int main(int argc, char *argv) { DIR *dp; struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple program help required

The circumfrence of a circle is #!/usr/bin/perl print 2 * 3.141592654 * 12.50 \n"; # pi= 3.141592654 # r= 12.50 I need a simple program showing me all the steps..to modify the above to prompt for and accept a radius from the person running the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Q2wert
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple program. (beginner)

Hey all, Writing a program that searches for a username and if they are online creates a 'beep' and sends the username and date to a log file. the error i am getting is: paul.obrien16@aisling:~/os$ bash checklogin : command not found Enter username paul.obrien16 ': not a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyladywall
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with creating a simple program!!

i am new to shell scripting!! i am making this program in bourne shell, that asks the user to input "Hello (their name)" or "question (their name)", any other input, "ERROR" will be outputted. if they input "Hello (name)", i want to out saying Hello (name) but if they input "question (name)", i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
4 Replies

9. Programming

A simple C program query ...

Given the following code inside the function ext3_write_super(): (It's there in Linux kernel 2.6.27.59) static void ext3_write_super (struct super_block * sb) { if (mutex_trylock(&sb->s_lock) != 0) BUG(); sb->s_dirt = 0; } The conditional test at if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
FBB::ClientSocket(3bobcat)					   Client Socket					FBB::ClientSocket(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::ClientSocket - Client Socket connecting to a Server in the Internet SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/clientsocket> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
An FBB::ClientSocket may be constructed to connect to some server process in the internet. The socket made available by the FBB:ClientSocket may be used to initialize a std::istream and/or std::ostream. The std::istream is used to read information from the server process to which the FBB::ClientSocket connects, The std::ostream is used to send information to the server process to which the FBB::ClientSocket connects. Since a socket may be considered a file descriptor the avaiable FBB::IFdStream, FBB::IFdStreamBuf, FBB::OFd- Stream, and FBB::OFdStreamBuf classes may be used profitably here. Note that having available a socket does not mean that this defines the communication protocol. It is (still) the responsibility of the programmer to comply with an existing protocol or to implement a tai- lor-made protocol. The latter situation implies that the sequence of input- and output operations is defined by the programmer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
FBB::SocketBase CONSTRUCTOR
o ClientSocket(std::string const &host, uint16_t port): This constructor initializes an FBB::ClientSocket object, preparing it for a connection to the specified port at the given host. An FBB::Errno is thrown if the socket could not be constructed. The construction of the socket does not mean that a connection has actually been established. In order to connect to the server, the member connect() (see below) should be used. The copy constructor is not available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
All members of FBB::SocketBase (and thus of FBB::InetAddress) are available, as FBB::ClientSocket inherits from these classes. o int connect(): This member returns a socket that can be used to communicate with the server process. An FBB::Errno exception is thrown if the con- nection could not be established or if the SocketBase base class could not properly be constructed. EXAMPLE
See also the serversocket(3bobcat) example. #include <iostream> #include <bobcat/clientsocket> #include <bobcat/ifdstream> #include <bobcat/ofdstream> #include <bobcat/a2x> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main(int argc, char **argv) try { if (argc == 1) { cerr << "Provide servername and port number "; return 1; } size_t port = A2x(argv[2]); ClientSocket client(argv[1], port); int fd = client.connect(); string line; cout << "Connecting to socket " << fd << endl << "address = " << client.dottedDecimalAddress() << ", " << endl << "communication through port " << client.port() << endl; IFdStream in(fd); // stream to read from OFdStream out(fd); // stream to write to while (true) { // Ask for a textline, stop if cout << "? "; // empty / none if (!getline(cin, line) || line.length() == 0) return 0; cout << "Line read: " << line << endl; // Return the line to the server out << line.c_str() << endl; cout << "wrote line "; getline(in, line); // Wait for a reply from the server cout << "Answer: " << line << endl; } return 0; } catch (Errno const &err) { cerr << err.what() << " " << "Can't connect to " << argv[1] << ", port " << argv[2] << endl; return 1; } FILES
bobcat/clientsocket - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), ifdstream(3bobcat), ifdstreambuf(3bobcat), inetaddress(3bobcat), localclientsocket(3bobcat), ofdstream(3bobcat), ofdstream(3bob- cat), serversocket(3bobcat), socketbase(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::ClientSocket(3bobcat)