Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix cron job
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers aix cron job Post 14498 by cns on Friday 1st of February 2002 07:56:11 AM
Old 02-01-2002
In the first case it looks like your backuptape is write-protected.

Second case check your authorisation for /usr/lpp/CPfw1-41/log/fwtestlog.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Job

Hi everybody ....I am trying to write a cron job for event based subscription for a tool called Microstrategy...if anybody have idea about this please help me... Thanks in advance ark (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arksal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something about a cron job

Hi, I am kind of new to Unix world and my job requires me to collect the information about the system calls a process is making. I need to write a script which gets into action every nite at 10:00 pm and runs tills 10:10 pm and does the following things: 1. Get the process id for a running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tyche
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX and cron logs filtering ?: /etc/cronlog.conf, /var/adm/cron/log

Hi, I can use 'crontabs –e' and do all the scheduling I like. However I would like to auto send myself just the cronjobs logs that fail. That is to say the PIDs that fail and the related lines with those PID’s only. (Not the full set of logs) Has anyone done this work? Or does an AIX 5.3 tool... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

5. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job is not working in the desired manner on IBM AIX

Hi, I have created a cron job on IBM AIX but it is not working in desired manner ! Here are the steps which I have followed :- #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------ find /some/file/at/the/user/side/test.log -exec cp {}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX cron job is running everyday instead of on a particular day

Hello, I was trying to run a script on a dev server using cron job. It supposed to run 3rd sunday of every month. 45 4 15-21 * 0 /home/user1/myscript.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 # run this script 3rd sunday of every month When I Schedule it on AIX server, It is running every day at 4:45 AM. am I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
3 Replies
KEYCTL_INSTANTIATE(3)					    Linux Key Management Calls					     KEYCTL_INSTANTIATE(3)

NAME
keyctl_assume_authority - Assume the authority to instantiate a key keyctl_instantiate - Instantiate a key keyctl_negate - Negatively instantiate a key SYNOPSIS
#include <keyutils.h> long keyctl_assume_authority(key_serial_t key); long keyctl_instantiate(key_serial_t key, const char *payload, size_t plen, key_serial_t keyring); long keyctl_negate(key_serial_t key, unsigned timeout, key_serial_t keyring); DESCRIPTION
keyctl_assume_authority() assumes the authority for the calling thread to deal with and instantiate the specified uninstantiated key. The calling thread must have the appopriate authorisation key resident in one of its keyrings for this to succeed, and that authority must not have been revoked. The authorising key is allocated by request_key() when it needs to invoke userspace to generate a key for the requesting process. This is then attached to one of the keyrings of the userspace process to which the task of instantiating the key is given: requester -> request_key() -> instantiator Calling this function modifies the way request_key() works when called thereafter by the calling (instantiator) thread; once the authority is assumed, the keyrings of the initial process are added to the search path, using the initial process's UID, GID, groups and security context. If a thread has multiple instantiations to deal with, it may call this function to change the authorisation key currently in effect. Sup- plying a zero key de-assumes the currently assumed authority. NOTE! This is a per-thread setting and not a per-process setting so that a multithreaded process can be used to instantiate several keys at once. keyctl_instantiate() instantiates the payload of an uninstantiated key from the data specified. payload and plen specify the data for the new payload. payload may be NULL and plen may be zero if the key type permits that. The key type may reject the data if it's in the wrong format or in some other way invalid. keyctl_negate() marks a key as negatively instantiated and sets the expiration timer on it. timeout specifies the lifetime of the key in seconds. Only a key for which authority has been assumed may be instantiated or negatively instantiated, and once instantiated, the authorisation key will be revoked and the requesting process will be able to resume. The destination keyring, if given, is assumed to belong to the initial requester, and not the instantiating process. Therefore, the spe- cial keyring IDs refer to the requesting process's keyrings, not the caller's, and the requester's UID, etc. will be used to access them. The destination keyring can be zero if no extra link is desired. The requester, not the caller, must have write permission on the destination for a link to be made there. RETURN VALUE
On success keyctl_instantiate() returns 0. On error, the value -1 will be returned and errno will have been set to an appropriate error. ERRORS
ENOKEY The key or keyring specified is invalid. EKEYEXPIRED The keyring specified has expired. EKEYREVOKED The key or keyring specified had been revoked, or the authorisation has been revoked. EINVAL The payload data was invalid. ENOMEM Insufficient memory to store the new payload or to expand the destination keyring. EDQUOT The key quota for the key's user would be exceeded by increasing the size of the key to accommodate the new payload or the key quota for the keyring's user would be exceeded by expanding the destination keyring. EACCES The key exists, but is not writable by the requester. LINKING
This is a library function that can be found in libkeyutils. When linking, -lkeyutils should be specified to the linker. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), add_key(2), keyctl(2), request_key(2), keyctl_get_keyring_ID(3), keyctl_join_session_keyring(3), keyctl_update(3), keyctl_revoke(3), keyctl_chown(3), keyctl_setperm(3), keyctl_describe(3), keyctl_clear(3), keyctl_link(3), keyctl_unlink(3), keyctl_search(3), keyctl_read(3), keyctl_set_reqkey_keyring(3), keyctl_set_timeout(3), keyctl_describe_alloc(3), keyctl_read_alloc(3), request-key(8) Linux 4 May 2006 KEYCTL_INSTANTIATE(3)