Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Coroner's Tool Kit for HPUX?
Special Forums Cybersecurity Coroner's Tool Kit for HPUX? Post 13902 by LivinFree on Friday 25th of January 2002 03:04:46 AM
Old 01-25-2002
Please search the forums before posting a question...
For example, a search for "undelete" brought back several hits - most sharing similar information.

Good luck.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'expect' tool

Can someone please provide a simple sample of syntax using the expect tool with an app. Let's say FTP. Maybe point me to where I may find some information on the syntax used. I'm not going to by a book on it. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaggy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Why i can't use the tool "turbosoundcfg" to configure the sound in my TurboLinux?

But the page "http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/doc/tlc61/node60.html" says it can.Why ?What can i do? Help me ! Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help installing a Computational Tool Kit

Hi ! I have been trying to install IMSL Computational Tool Kit on a server. It is a Lunix Redhat V.4 with Intel pentium d processor and Intel fortran compiler 8.1 and the type of command shell we run is bash. I dont know if the problem is with the Installation or the Lunix system. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs fine on UNIX Server...Not through MSK Tool kit on Windows Server

I have a .sh script which was running fine on all the UNIX Servers (AIX, SunSolaris). The script requires two mandatory parameters and many optional parameters. Now at a different client place who are on a Windows Server, when I try to execute the script through MKS Toolkit, there are couple of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to make "tab" key in mksnt tool kit case sensitive?

I am using MKS Toolkit on windows7, i observed that when i use "tab" key to complete a file/dir name converts into lower case. Eg: I am having a directory named "Dir1", note "D" is in caps. In unix if i had tried pressing "d" and "<tab>" resulted in no result. However in mksnt toolkit, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies
UNDELETE(2)                                                   BSD System Calls Manual                                                  UNDELETE(2)

NAME
undelete -- attempt to recover a deleted file LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int undelete(const char *path); DESCRIPTION
The undelete() system call attempts to recover the deleted file named by path. Currently, this works only when the named object is a white- out in a union file system. The system call removes the whiteout causing any objects in a lower layer of the union stack to become visible once more. Eventually, the undelete() functionality may be expanded to other file systems able to recover deleted files such as the log-structured file system. RETURN VALUES
The undelete() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The undelete() succeeds unless: [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded 255 characters, or an entire path name exceeded 1023 characters. [EEXIST] The path does not reference a whiteout. [ENOENT] The named whiteout does not exist. [EACCES] Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. [EACCES] Write permission is denied on the directory containing the name to be undeleted. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. [EPERM] The directory containing the name is marked sticky, and the containing directory is not owned by the effective user ID. [EINVAL] The last component of the path is '..'. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while updating the directory entry. [EROFS] The name resides on a read-only file system. [EFAULT] The path argument points outside the process's allocated address space. SEE ALSO
unlink(2), mount_unionfs(8) HISTORY
The undelete() system call first appeared in 4.4BSD-Lite. BSD January 22, 2006 BSD