Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cannot access host servers from Exceed Post 13462 by dookeobih on Thursday 17th of January 2002 11:08:31 AM
Old 01-17-2002
other info....we changed out companies IP address few weeks ago, but up until yesterday we did not had this problems....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Access environment variables on remote host using ssh

How can i access environment variables on remote host using ssh example: # Remote server $ echo $MAIL /var/spool/mail/gacf $ # Local server $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/mail/gacf $ Expected to find: $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/spool/mail/gacf $ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

3. AIX

Why access to the servers is denied?

There is one aix server, IP is 152.240.28.14, the user IP is 152.240.88.64, The user is able to get access briefly then all access is denied from the whole subnet 152.240.88.0. a short while later access is granted and the same thing happens all over again. The customer is able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
7 Replies

4. AIX

Configure one host against two ntp servers for redundancy

Dears all is it possible to have two NTP servers in one host ? how i can configure them . please advice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn script to access multiple host and collect data

Hi, I'm newbie in Korn scripting as well as in Unix. I need to have a script to do the following. 1) ssh multiple hosts -In my case, login credentials are not an issue as all keys authorized by default. Example of host IP (24.35.14.6, 24.35.14.7, 24.35.14.8, 24.35.14.9, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Ssh between servers - No DSA host key is known

It seems I can do ssh <IP> but not ssh <hostname> If I try to ssh to hostname I get the error - No DSA host key is known for host1 and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed. Where do I set up the DSA keys? Is it ssh_known_hosts? Assume afterwards I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script to access many servers

Hi there, I'm writing a simple script (in a batch file) to access a number of servers with a number of different credentials (users/passwords/root passwords etc). What I need is a way to execute commands as root. I'm currently using the batch file to read the server information out of a text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlpicard
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Server access is denied on host

The situation is: I have a RHEL 7.3 VM that I am able to access via both ssh and VM console. I am able to run all of the standard commands for verifying that X11 forwarding/xhost permissions are working (xclock, nautilus, firefox, etc.) i can also run the runInstaller for Oracle client, No problems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melghaze
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to validate the access for Servers

Hi Experts, Please advise to Write a Shell script, To check , whether the user has access to UNIX PRODUCTION server or not? If no, then need to provide the access to UNIX PRODUCTION server and then need to provide access to print only few FILES. After connecting to ther server, again... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
5 Replies
NTPTRACE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       NTPTRACE(8)

NAME
ntptrace -- trace a chain of NTP servers back to the primary source SYNOPSIS
ntptrace [-vdn] [-r retries] [-t timeout] [server] DESCRIPTION
The ntptrace utility determines where a given Network Time Protocol (NTP) server gets its time from, and follows the chain of NTP servers back to their master time source. If given no arguments, it starts with ``localhost''. Here is an example of the output from ntptrace: % ntptrace localhost: stratum 4, offset 0.0019529, synch distance 0.144135 server2ozo.com: stratum 2, offset 0.0124263, synch distance 0.115784 usndh.edu: stratum 1, offset 0.0019298, synch distance 0.011993, refid 'WWVB' On each line, the fields are (left to right): the host name, the host stratum, the time offset between that host and the local host (as mea- sured by ntptrace; this is why it is not always zero for ``localhost''), the host synchronization distance, and (only for stratum-1 servers) the reference clock ID. All times are given in seconds. Note that the stratum is the server hop count to the primary source, while the syn- chronization distance is the estimated error relative to the primary source. These terms are precisely defined in RFC 1305. The following options are available: -d Turn on some debugging output. -n Turn off the printing of host names; instead, host IP addresses are given. This may be necessary if a nameserver is down. -r retries Set the number of retransmission attempts for each host; the default is 5. -t timeout Set the retransmission timeout (in seconds); the default is 2. -v Print verbose information about the NTP servers. SEE ALSO
ntpd(8), ntpdc(8) D L Mills, Network Time Protocol (Version 3), RFC1305. BUGS
This program makes no attempt to improve accuracy by doing multiple samples. BSD
January 6, 2000 BSD