Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printer problem
Operating Systems HP-UX printer problem Post 13274 by Prafulla on Tuesday 15th of January 2002 01:43:05 AM
Old 01-15-2002
Thanks PXt

It worked out....

swagentd was not running as there was problem in DNS configuration and hostname info it was not getting.

thankx again
Praful

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

impact printer problem

We are trying to setup an impact printer - Tally t2030 on our unix server digital unix 4.0D. It skips half the first page of every print both from our application and the unix level. It starts the 2nd half of the page at the top of the 2nd physical paper in the printer. The printer uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem

I am using network printer through ip address. when you check with lpstat it says, "Waiting for <printer name> to come up. other network printers working. this also work before. but now not working. scheduler & accept print jobs working. wht could be the problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajantha
1 Replies

3. AIX

network printer problem

I have AIX 5.3 OS. After issuing the print command, the printer state immediately goes down. I have checked the /etc/qconfig flle, resatrted the qdaemon but again same problem is occuring. I am using HP 5100 connected to jetdirect. what is the problem and it's solution? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

printer problem - 10.48.2.24 is NOT an acceptable name

HP-UX 10.20 with an HP LaserJet P2015dn. I've connected and configured the P2015 using its internal nic on our Win 2003 Server network. When trying to add it to UNIX thru sam, network based printer plotter --> add printer/plotter connected to hp jetdirect --> add printer to local spooler, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtedeschi
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Printer problem

Hi, Has anyone encountered the error below. I have tried to startup the printer but the error keep showing up. Please help. Thanks. Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sodapop
1 Replies

6. SCO

hp8150 printer problem

we just installed a 2000 sheet tray on an HP 8150 printer.(it is referred to by HP as tray 4). We need Unix to print to this tray by default. We can enter a printer code but there are too many reports using the defalut printer to make that a practical solution. When printing from Windows using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yrr88
2 Replies

7. SuSE

Printer problem

1. When i am giving unknown printer in the lp command, I am facing the below error. Is there any way to avoid the error? lp -dadfsd adf.prn ganeshb@its04489:~ $ lp -d adl -s pea_error1.txt status Information, attempt 1 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+83' to adl@localhost... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer problem

1. when i am giving the unknown printer the lp command, i am getting the below error. Is there any way suppress the error? MY input lp -d ppp aa.prn Output Status Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+209' to klsdfa@localhost connecting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with Queue of the Printer

Guy's This is the Queue of the printer ... >lpstat -pTOPPRINTER Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- --- TOPPRIN @TOPP DOWN QUEUED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

10. SCO

problem with network printer

Install a network printer and I can only print with root login. When I use another login creates the request and will not print and soon disappears. please what should I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
5 Replies
ipa-replica-prepare(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					    ipa-replica-prepare(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-prepare - Create an IPA replica file SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-prepare [OPTION]... hostname DESCRIPTION
Generates a replica file that may be used with ipa-replica-install to create a replica of an IPA server. A replica can only be created on an IPA server installed with ipa-server-install (the first server). You must provide the fully-qualified hostname of the machine you want to install the replica on and a host-specific replica_file will be created. It is host-specific because SSL server certificates are generated as part of the process and they are specific to a particular hostname. If IPA manages the DNS for your domain, you should either use the --ip-address option or add the forward and reverse records manually using IPA plugins. Once the file has been created it will be named replica-hostname. This file can then be moved across the network to the target machine and a new IPA replica setup by running ipa-replica-install replica-hostname. A replica should only be installed on the same or higher version of IPA on the remote system. OPTIONS
--dirsrv_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Directory Server SSL Certificate and Private Key --http_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Apache Server SSL Certificate and Private Key --dirsrv_pin=DIRSRV_PIN The password of the Directory Server PKCS#12 file --http_pin=HTTP_PIN The password of the Apache Server PKCS#12 file -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD Directory Manager (existing master) password --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS IP address of the replica server. If you provide this option, the A and PTR records will be added to the DNS. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create reverse DNS zone --ca=CA_FILE Location of CA PKCS#12 file, default /root/cacert.p12 --debug Prints info log messages to the output EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
Mar 14 2008 ipa-replica-prepare(1)