Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers timer_gettime unresolved error Post 132 by Neo on Thursday 26th of October 2000 10:22:06 PM
Old 10-26-2000
One possible approach:

(1) Go to all your library directories.

(2) Run your favorite system command to list the
contents of the routines in the libraries.

(3) See if you can find the lib with your function.

(4) Make sure the path of that archive is in either
your LDPATH or in your ldconfig file.

(5) If you add the path to the ldconfig file, then
you must rerun ldconfig. Easy to test with
the LDPATH environmental var.

If you do not find the archive in 1 - 3 then you have
to either:

(1) Locate the lib for your OS and install.

(2) Find the correct source tree for your OS.

(3) Rewrite the source with the appropriate libs.

There may be better approaches. You can also check
the README files and Makefiles for lib information,
configuration suggestions, etc. Normally, modern
distributions with check for this using a configure
script.

Perhaps another forum poster has a better idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ unresolved symbol

I have this problem: # make gcc -g -D_REENTRANT -DDISABLE_MJPEG=1 -I. -o encmain.o -c encmain.cc ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_max_size collect2: ld returned 8 exit status but from /usr/local/include/g++v3/bits/basic_string.h : namespace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Unresolved Symbol on HP UX & oracle7

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I do not succeed to linking the oracle7's library for my .so and a Unresolved Symbol :sqlcxt error returns me when I call program. this is my makefile. cc -Ae -I/usr/include/curses_colr -L/usr/lib -DUSE_TERMIOS -D_FILE64 -DDYNAMIC_LIBRARIES_SUPPORTED... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycs
2 Replies

3. Programming

How To Find Unresolved symbol in shared library?

1 . I use Digital Unix V4.0F 2 . I compile a programe which use a shared library . But when I run it( prog.out) , the shell told me that "Fatal Error : /sbin/loader : unresolved symbol in lib3cZap.so" But When I compile proj.out and lib3cZap.so , the compiler said nothing . And I ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

5. Programming

unresolved symbol on AIX 5.2

Hi, want to port an executable from AIX 5.3 to AIX 5.2. This seems to be no problem, when i build one executable. But in another case i have to link one library statically and the rest is loaded at runtime. This works for AIX 5.3 but on AIX 5.2 i get the following error ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm_user
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unresolved symbol problem

Hi I am trying to make an executable which has informix esqlc and .per files. I am using informix version 9.3. The make is successful, but when i execute, i get an error message /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: ibm_lib4gl_loadint4 (code) from RVprnrecvr Abort(coredump) I searched for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatakrishnan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

database connection (unresolved sqlcxt)

i have a little pro*c code (as shown below) to connect an oracle database. (in unix solaris platform) in the preprocessor compilation step everything is ok. but when i try to compile the code using cc i get the error below: ld: Unresolved: sqlcxt i think there is a problem while linking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

8. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies
timer_settime(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  timer_settime(3)

NAME
timer_settime, timer_gettime - Obtains or sets the expiration time of the specified per-process timer (P1003.1b) LIBRARY
Realtime Library (librt.so, librt.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int timer_gettime ( timer_t timerid, struct itimerspec *value); int timer_settime ( timer_t timerid, int flags, const struct itimerspec *value, struct itimerspec *ovalue); PARAMETERS
timerid Specifies the timer ID for the timer whose expiration time is set or returned. flags Specifies whether the timer is to be an absolute or relative timer. *value Specifies a pointer to an itimerspec data structure. *ovalue Specifies a pointer to the itimerspec data structure into which the time remaining on the previous timer is returned. DESCRIPTION
The timer_gettime function returns the amount of time remaining in the current time interval before the expiration of the specified timer. The timer_settime function sets the expiration time of the specified per-process timer, determines whether the timer is an absolute or rel- ative timer, returns the time remaining (if any) on the previous specified timer, and arms the timer. Both the timer_gettime and timer_settime functions use an itimerspec structure, which consists of the following members: struct timespec it_interval; struct timespec it_value; Each timespec structure consists of the following members: time_t tv_sec; long tv_nsec; Values specified for these members determine the duration of the timer intervals, as well as the start and end times. Use the timer_gettime function to determine whether a per-process timer is still active. If the timer is disabled, zero is returned. The timer_settime function sets the expiration time of the specified per-process timer and arms the timer. The TIMER_ABSTIME flag deter- mines whether the timer is an absolute or relative timer. If the TIMER_ABSTIME flag is not set (flags=0), the timer is set relative to the current time (a relative timer). In this case, the time until the next timer expiration equals the interval specified by the it_value mem- ber of value. The timer expires in the specified number of seconds and nanoseconds from when the call was made. If the TIMER_ABSTIME flag is set, the timer is set with a specified starting time (an absolute timer). In this case, the time until the next timer expiration equals the difference between the absolute time specified by the it_value member of value and the current value of the clock associated with the timer ID. The timer expires when the clock reaches the value specified by it_value member. Times that are between two consecutive non-negative integer multiples of the resolution are rounded up to the larger multiple of the reso- lution. To disarm a timer, specify a value of 0 (zero) for the it_value member and call the timer_settime function. The reload value to the timer is set to the value specified by the it_interval member of value. If the it_interval is zero, a one-shot timer is specified. If the it_interval is non-zero, a periodic timer is specified. RETURN VALUES
On a successful call to the timer_gettime and timer_settime functions, a value of 0 (zero) is returned. On an unsuccessful call, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate that an error occurred. ERRORS
The timer_gettime and timer_settime functions fail under the following condition: [EINVAL] The timerid argument does not correspond to an ID returned by timer_create and not yet removed by timer_delete. Additionally, the timer_settime function can fail with this error if a value structure specified a nanosecond value less than zero or greater than or equal to 1000 million. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: clock_gettime(3), timer_create(3) Guide to Realtime Programming delim off timer_settime(3)