Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Install Solaris on External Firewire Disk Post 13089 by sanjay92 on Thursday 10th of January 2002 10:47:02 PM
Old 01-10-2002
Hello Unix Guru's,
Please answer this query, atleast tell whether it is possible or not.

Thanks
Sanjay
sanjay92

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

questions on how to install Solaris 10 via DVD/RW external device

Whoa...glad to see this forum si up and running, as a few weeks ago I tried to check in and found it directing me somewhere else and felt maybe this board was being hijacked or someone was closing down this forum. Here is a problem I am having. I got a SunFire V100 and disc with Solaris 10 on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
8 Replies

2. Solaris

SunFire V245, External CD/DVD-ROM, Solaris Install

Hey all. Wondering - I have a pair of V245's with no internal CD/DVD-ROM drives, and I want to install the latest/greatest Solaris 10. Booting these machines with an external drive plugged in via USB does no good. Is jumpstart or installing internal drives the only alternative? I'm a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b1f30
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

internal disk and external disk question

Hello, We are running sun solaris and it is connected to SAN storage. How do I find what are the disks are internal and what are the disks are connected to SAN? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install solaris on portable external harddisk

Hi Fnds, I dont have enough space on my Vista based PC and I want solais to be installed on a portable external hard disk. Can anybody tell me how I can install solaris on external harddisk. cheers :), Vinodky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodky
1 Replies

6. Linux

External disk

Hi, I connected a external hard disk to my linux machine(Redhat 5) and shared the external hard disk by using NFS. The problem is hard disk becoming read-only file system after some time, could some one please tell me the reason for it. I created two partitions with ext3 filesystem in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
10 Replies

7. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label of a external HD

I have a external HD that I can't seem to open. When I try to open it with gparted it says unrecognized disk. When I run gparted from the terminal this is what it says. ~ $ sudo gparted ====================== libparted : 2.2 ====================== /dev/sdb: unrecognised disk label When I... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to Install UNIX on an External Drive?

Hello, I'm running Windows 10, but I wish to install UNIX on an external drive and not my internal drive. Also, I'm not quite sure what UNIX to install? I also want to install the GNAT compiler so that I can also practice Ada programming. I will appreciate all help, CMN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CMN
2 Replies
UPSCLI_LIST_NEXT(3)						    NUT Manual						       UPSCLI_LIST_NEXT(3)

NAME
upscli_list_next - retrieve list items from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_list_next(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query, int *numa, char ***answer) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_list_next() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It performs a read from the network and expects to find either another list item or the end of a list. You must call upscli_list_start(3) before calling this function. This function will return 1 and set values in numa and answer if a list item is received. If the list is done, it will return 0, and the values in numa and answer are undefined. Calling this function after it returns something other than 1 is undefined. QUERY FORMATTING
You may not change the values of numq or query between the call to upscli_list_start(3) and the first call to this function. You also may not change the values between calls to this function. ANSWER FORMATTING
The contents of numa and answer work just like a call to upscli_get(3). The values returned by upsd(8) are identical to a single item request, so this is not surprising. ERROR CHECKING
This function checks the response from upsd(8) against your query. If the response is not part of the list you have requested, it will return an error code. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_list_next() function returns 1 when list data is present, 0 if the list is finished, or -1 if an error occurs. It is possible to have an empty list. The function will return 0 for its first call in that case. SEE ALSO
upscli_list_start(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSCLI_LIST_NEXT(3)