Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers echo or print to screen and file Post 12958 by Shakey21 on Wednesday 9th of January 2002 06:56:21 PM
Old 01-09-2002
thanks

thats exactly what I was looking for.
Shakey21

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen

is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen continues , without cron. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkandati
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variable to Home, then echo it to screen

Major Newbie here folks. I'm trying to set a variable to my Home directory and then echo it to the screen. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Anna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amidget
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print to screen and to file using awk?!

Hello all!.. does anyone know the syntax to print to the screen and to a file? Im using something like AWK .... print header |tee -a invalid_csv_file ; END {..} ' invalid_csv_file="$invalid_csv_dir_file" but no joy? I get sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - print to a log file and screen

as the title suggests, i need to print a user message to a log file and the screen using perl. in unix i set up a function using 'tee' like so function Display_Message { echo "$*" | tee -ai $LOGFILE } the following command then obviously displays to the screen and prints to a log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
6 Replies

5. AIX

print screen

Hi all, Could you please tell me how to take a screenshot in aix (like Print Screen button in windows)? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo to both screen and a file

Please help me to simplify my below script. #!/bin/bash LOG_FILE=/tmp/log.txt echo "Hello" echo "Hello" >> /tmp/log.txt Is there anyway, that I can echo "Hello" to both screen and file with one single echo command ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo 2 txt files to screen no carraige return

I have two text files, each of then only containing ONE line and NO carraige return or white space at the end...how do I echo both of these text files to the screen without putting an extra line? I want to do this from the command line. file1.txt: this is file1.txt 1 file2.txt: this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print script output to screen and file

Hi all, I have a script that bulk loads thousands of lines of data. I need to log the output during the execution of the script. I know I can redirect (">") the output to a file; however, I want the output going to both the screen and the log file. I thought I could use pipe to pipe the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo command with screen and ssh

Hi, i need to execute echo command to write in a txt file on a remote machine. i did it in this way: ssh user@remotemachine "echo "put text here" > /home/user/myfile.txt" I tried to run the same command within a detached screen in this way: ssh user@remotemachine screen -dm "echo "put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brembo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo both to the screen and to a file

In shellscript, I want to display echo message in console and in the log file. please help me to display this message in two places. I am using below statment to display messsage, but it is displaying in log file only. echo "Server Already running" >> serverlog 2>&1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kri
3 Replies
Prima::HelpViewer(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Prima::HelpViewer(3)

NAME
Prima::HelpViewer - the built-in pod file browser USAGE
The module presents two packages, "Prima::HelpViewer" and "Prima::PodViewWindow". Their sole purpose is to serve as a mediator between "Prima::PodView" package, the toolkit help interface and the user. "Prima::PodViewWindow" includes all the user functionality, including ( but not limited to :) text search, color and font setup, printing etc. "Prima::HelpViewer" provides two methods - "open" and "close", used by "Prima::Application" for help viewer invocation. Help The browser can be used to view and print POD ( plain old documentation ) files. See the command overview below for more detailed description: File Open Presents a file selection dialog, when the user can select a file to browse in the viewer. The file must contain POD content, otherwise a warning is displayed. Goto Asks for a manpage, that is searched in PATH and the installation directories. New window Opens the new viewer window with the same context. Run Commands in this group call external processes p-class p-class is Prima utility for displaying the widget class hierachies. The command asks for Prima class to display the hierachy information for. Print Provides a dialog, when the user can select the appropriate printer device and its options. Prints the current topic to the selected printer. If "Full text view" menu item is checked, prints the whole manpage. Close window Closes the window. Close all windows Closes all help viewer windows. View Increase font Increases the currently selected font by 2 points. Decrease font Decreases the currently selected font by 2 points. Full text view If checked, the whole manpage is displayed. Otherwise, its content is presented as a set of topic, and only one topic is displayed. Find Presents a find dialog, where the user can select the text to search and the search options - the search direction, scope, and others. Find again Starts search for the text, entered in the last find dialog, with the same search options. Fast find The following commands provide a simple vi-style text search functionality - character keys ?,/,n,N bound to the commands below: Forward Presents an input line where a text can be entered; the text search is performed parallel to the input. Backward Same as Forward option, except that the serach direction is backwards. Repeat forward Repeat the search in the same direction as the initial search was being invoked. Repeat backward Repeat the search in the reverse direction as the initial search was being invoked. Setup Presents a setup dialog, where the user can select appropriate fonts and colors. Go Back Displays the previously visited manpage ( or topic ) Forward Displays the previously visited manpage ( or topic ), that was left via Back command. Up Displays the upper level topic within a manpage. Previous Moves to the previous topic within a manpage. Next Moves to the next topic within a manpage. Help About Displays the information about the help viewer. Help Displays the information about the usage of the help viewer AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. COPYRIGHT
This program is distributed under the BSD License. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::HelpViewer(3)