Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors Post 12761 by Neo on Monday 7th of January 2002 11:49:27 AM
Old 01-07-2002
You are missing C library files/archives or they are located in a path not known by your linker.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling Errors -- Symbol referencing

I'm trying to compile a FTP_API program. To do this you must use the libftp.so libary. But that libary has references which are not defined. Has anyone had this problems and how is it corrected?? The command line looks like this:-------------------------------------------- # cc ftpstock.c -lftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotanddot
5 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SNX

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to do a build of a product. I dont have the dependencies of the binaries involved in the build and thats the reason I was not able to find which library to add or to proceed to the next step to solve the reference problem. Undefined ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryragland
1 Replies

4. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

I am getting below error, any ideas to resolve it. 1:ts_n_tcp_cmp_row /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_ui_basic.so 1:ui_convert_date /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_fi_basic.so 1:ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

6. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

Hi, I'm trying to compile OpenTTD on Solaris 5.10. I do not have root permissions so I have to set the prefix-dir to /home/abcde/usr/local/opt/opentdd-0.6.3 I've used the following command to configure: bash ./configure --prefix-dir=/opt/openttd-0.6.2 --without-makedepend \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudolph
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

Hello. I used to compile my code including a third-party library, "libfoo.so". Now, the vendor ships a statically linked library, "libfoo.a", instead. With this library, I run into the following error: CC -mt -xarch=v9 -DCOMPILE_SOL_SPARC -ftrap=%none -xlibmil -xchip=ultra2 -xbuiltin -xO4 \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
0 Replies

8. Programming

"Symbol referencing errors" On Socket programming

Dear all, I had the "Symbol referencing errors" while compiling a C socket code. It said "Undefined Symbol: socketpair", but I already copy the two head files (#include "types.h", #include "socket.h") into my current directory. Could anyone help me with it? Thanks. By the way, I'm using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beyondaymk
4 Replies

9. Programming

Symbol referencing errors

Undefined first referenced symbol in file logf /var/tmp//ccwztFsO.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out collect2: ld returned 1 exit status float exponC(float mean) { index1++;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willji1234
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
ASLINK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ASLINK(1)

NAME
ASLINK - companion linker for the ASxxxx assemblers. SYNOPSIS
aslink [options] filenames link-gbz80 [options] filenames link-z80 [options] filenames WARNING
The information in this man page is an extract from the full documentation of SDCC, and is limited to the meaning of the options. For complete and current documentation, refer to the ASxxxx Cross Assembler Documentation, available in /usr/share/doc/sdcc-doc/aslink. DESCRIPTION
The ASLINK is general relocating companion linker for the ASxxx assemblers. MCS51 family is supported by aslink. Z80family is supported by link-z80. GBZ80 (GameBoy Z80-like CPU) is supported by link-gbz80. OPTIONS
The linker may run in the command line mode or command file modes. The allowed startup linker commands are: -c/-f command line / command file modes -p/-n enable/disable echo file.lnk input to stdout If command line mode is selected, all linker commands come from stdin, if the command file mode is selected the commands are input from the specified file (extension must be .lnk). After invoking the linker the valid options are: -i/-s Intel Hex (file.ihx) or Motorola S19 (file.s19) image output file. -z Specifies that symbol names are case sensitive. -m Generate a map file (file.map). This file contains a list of the symbols (by area) with absolute addresses, sizes of linked areas, and other linking information. -w Specifies that a wide listing format be used for the map file. -xdq Specifies the number radix for the map file (Hexidecimal, Decimal, or Octal). -u Generate an updated listing file (file.rst) derived from the relocated addresses and data from the linker. fileN Files to be linked. Files may be on the same line as the above options or on a separate line(s) one file per line or multiple files separated by spaces or tabs. -b area = expression (one definition per line) This specifies an area base address where the expression may contain constants and/or defined symbols from the linked files. -g symbol = expression (one definition per line) This specifies the value for the symbol where the expression may contain constants and/or defined symbols from the linked files. -k library directory path (one definition per line) This specifies one possible path to an object library. More than one path is allowed. -l library file specification (one definition per line) This specifies a possible library file. More than one file is allowed. -e or null line, terminates input to the linker. SEE ALSO
sdcc(1), asxxxx(1), link-z80(1), link-gbz80(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). ASLINK(1)