Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hardware info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hardware info Post 1255 by sillY on Tuesday 20th of February 2001 11:08:43 AM
Old 02-20-2001
Java

ok, psrinfo -v did the trick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware

Hi I have a problem to start up my Solaris Ultra 5. When it boots up I get a strange clicking sound, sounds like the hard drive that is "thinking" very hard. On the screen I get these messages: Boot device: Files and Args: Please check cable and try again Network link setup fail Time out... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware 3d

How do I check my system to see if the graphics are using hardware 3d suport or not. I have a TNT2 on RH 7.1 kernel 2.4.9-?(can't remember off top of my head)I'm running all the latest updates from RH. Also I now have a dvd drive and I am trying to find a player that will play all movies and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxCat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Per and Hardware

Is it possible to use Perl to work with hardware? Or is it strictly for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luftwaffe
1 Replies

4. Programming

C and hardware !

Hello ! I have a friend , in one day he tell me this : some guy made a cool program in C , for some sort or hardware control . I say : wow ! Maybe someone , can give me an example , how can C control hardware so good ( as I hear ) , and maybe some cool information , where to learn the idea ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: !_30
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Hardware

Hi, I'm looking to run Sun Solaris 8 or 9, but have been running windows :mad: .can anyone give me advice about the hardware needed for solaris and possably any software i may need, the type of model and where i may be able to buy these within the uk. :confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franz
3 Replies

6. AIX

New Hardware

Can someone help me with what I am guessing is a simple job for an AIX admin. However I am 100% HP-UX and not touched AIX before the start of this week. I am trying to connect an IBM Blade (JS22) to our HP Enterprise Tape Library. I have done all the SAN zoning and this appears to be happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
5 Replies

7. Hardware

Requirment are without password to get hardware info in the the linux using Qt?

Dear All, I have developed one application in the Qt Creator. I have one requirment for get hardward information in the Linux system, Then i try dmidecode using and run in Qt.It will occur error message for "dev/mem" permission denied". So i try to terminal to run sudo ./application. it will ask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JGops79
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Extracting HBA Card Hardware info

Hello, I am very new to solaris so please bear with me. I have 2 machines in question. For both I am trying to get the HBA Card Hardware information such as: HBA Model Name HBA Firmware version HBA Port details HBA Driver details First machine is a Solaris 10. When I execute fcinfo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

10. AIX

New to AIX and IBM Hardware. Need some info

Hello all. I'm new to AIX and IBM hardware and I have a question around the configuration of the service processor on the power series. I need to know: 1) How do I get into the service processor from the serial console when AIX is up and running. I come from the Sun world and I tried all I know.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glenc2004
1 Replies
psrinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual							psrinfo(1)

NAME
psrinfo, pinfo - Displays processor administration information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/psrinfo -n /usr/sbin/psrinfo [-v] [processor...] /usr/sbin/psrinfo -s processor /usr/sbin/pinfo [-v] [processor...] OPTIONS
Displays the number of processors in the system. Enables verbose mode. Writes only a boolean value to standard output. The -s option requires a single processor identification number (processor). The -s option is intended to be used in scripts. A value of 1 is output if the specified processor is on line. A value of 0 is output if the specified processor is off line. DESCRIPTION
The psrinfo and pinfo commands display information about processors. The processor variable specifies the processor identification number, which is a unique integer that identifies the processor. If you do not specify any options or a processor identification number, the com- mands display information about all processors. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of the default prsinfo command output (no options or processor identification numbers): greene:> psrinfo 0 on-line since 11/03/1999 09:41:34 1 on-line since 11/03/1999 09:41:34 2 off-line since 11/03/1999 08:41:34 The following example shows how to use the psrinfo command with the -s option in a shell script to determine the state of the pro- cessor with an identification number of 1: if [ "`psrinfo -s 1 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 1 is up" else echo "processor 1 is down" fi The following example shows how to use the psrinfo command with the -v option: % psrinfo -v Status of processor 0 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 1 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 2 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been off-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 3 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:14:00 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_info(1), psradm(8) Files: utmp(4) Processor Sets: processor_sets(4) psrinfo(1)