Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Commands for Telnet
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unix Commands for Telnet Post 12473 by Sorcerer on Tuesday 1st of January 2002 07:24:39 PM
Old 01-01-2002
Question Unix Commands for Telnet

Hi I am new to unix. I have a question: what are all the unix commands that I have to do for telnet for my site www.supremexbox.com. My server is www.your-site.com.
Please help me. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in UNIX

I would like to know if there exist any diference between the telnet in UNIX and Windows. the probles is when I try to connect through a socket to a server running unix i don't receive a response. Connecting with the same source code to a windows server I receive response (the initial message and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferreat
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands with remotely with Telnet

i have a box here that can only be accessed with telnet. now, i was wondering if anyone know of a way of which i can run a command on that box remotely. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Telnet session

Hi Is there any way whilst in a telnet session you can view your client machine name that you are using to connect to the Unix box ? :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

4. SCO

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrb78
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet in unix

Dear Sir, I have got 2 systems A. Compaq Prolient 400 Unix Server - IP address 192.168.0.10 (450 Mhz speed & 512 MB RAM) Old B. HCL 2700HLN Unix Server - IP address 192.168.0.2 (73 GB X 4 - Raid HD & 4 GB RAM with 2 LAN Broadcom BCM5721 ) - New Both systems are loaded with Unix 5.0.5 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatacoffee
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet commands using expect

Hi All, I am trying to write a expect script to telnet and run a command on a remote host.The command i want to send contains a text value is contained in file.txt in the linux box from where i am running the expect script.I want to pass the contains of file.txt into a variable and call the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistachio
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i execute a set of commands in telnet??

I have list of commands in a file in one sever and i need to execute these set of commands in the server to which i m telnetting to .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to router run commands from file

I have a perl script that is called with a router name command list file and output file. The command file can be very large, up to 3k of commands. At first I dumped the command list file to an array and ran the entire file on the router and captured the output. It worked ok for a command list in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute telnet commands thru xterm?

I want to launch an xterm telnet window: xterm -e telnet xxx.xxx.xx.xxx Which I can do but needs to also launch commands as well. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shopgirl08
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script require to do telnet & run few commands

I am new in scripting, I need script(BASH) which do telenet to one of the elements & run few commands , after running it successfully it will check status of files & exit. Help is greatly appreciated 🙏 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinesh_123
2 Replies
VDETELWEB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETELWEB(1)

NAME
vdetelweb - Virtual Distributed Ethernet Telnet and/or Web management module SYNOPSIS
vdetelweb [ --web ] [ --telnet ] [ --nodename nodename ] [ --daemon ] [ --rcfile rcfile ] mgmt_socket DESCRIPTION
vdetelweb implements a tiny telnet server and/or a tiny web server for the remote management of a VDE2 switch. OPTIONS
-w, --web start the web server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -t, --telnet start the telnet server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -n, --nodename nodename specify the nodename as seen from remote connections (e.g. in the command prompt or in the web page title). uname nodename is used when this option is not specified. -d, --daemon run as a daemon, using syslog for logging. -f, --rcfile rcfile rc file to set the initial switch configuration. When not specified, vdetelweb searches for ~/.vde/vdetelwebrc and /etc/vde/vdetel- webrc. At leas one rc file must exist and be readable. -h, --help print help. please use it for a more complete list of options. mgmt_socket is the managemnt socket used to communicate with the vde_switch. (This option must match the path used in the -M option for the vde_switch). NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet June 16, 2008 VDETELWEB(1)