Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Dual Boot Xp is in first want Solaris Post 12426 by DownSouthMoe on Sunday 30th of December 2001 01:34:32 PM
Old 12-30-2001
This one is better than the last one I posted, as it involves multiple drives.

http://www.chinada.net/josie/dual_boot.htm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot Solaris 8

Greetings, I have learned much since joining the message board, but I was unable to locate any information concerning dual booting Solaris with Windows on a machine with standardized equipment. I have read on the sun.com page that it is possible and can even be pushed to the rear partition, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TStoddard
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris dual boot

Hello friends, On sparc 5 with solaris 8 i like to have dual boot with solaris 9. is this correct that the minimum memmory must be 96 mb for dual boot? do you recommand dual boot on unix? solaris 8 will be the testing environment and solaris 9 the production. does any one has this type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep
5 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris dual boot

hi ;) So I have 2 HDD (SATA and ATA). On the SATA I've installed WindwosXP and now I want to install solaris 10 on the ATA disk. Is it possible if the ATA disk is primary to make dual boot ? thank you very much (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nocture
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Dual Boot XP Solaris

Does here know how to configure the Windows XP Boot loader to dual boot XP and Solaris 10? I installed Solaris after XP but it did not detect the XP installation, and I really can't reformat right now. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Super User
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Urgent Help Needed: Installing Dual Boot Ubuntu

Hi, I have installed Ubuntu 5.04 on my second Hard Drive. My first HD contains windows. When i make my 2nd HD as boot device, i see GRUB Menu (i.e. stage 2). On trying to boot Ubuntu, I get an Error 15: File missing problem. The FS shown was FAT. On trying to boot Windows, I am presented... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris and Xp in dual boot

Hello,I've a big problem. On my hd I've Windows Xp and after I've installed Solaris 10. Solaris now run perfectly but I can't boot the Xp partition.I've tried with grub super disk and I receive an error 12 when I try to boot the Windows partition.However with the windows cd the partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris/Linux Dual Boot

From googling around, I have found that dual booting isn't so hard... if you are installing both for the first time. However, I couldn't find anything on if I can preserve my Solaris 10 partition that is already installed. Any words of advice? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Dual-Boot or Emulator on Intel PC

I want to set-up Solaris on my Intel PC for training purposes. Ideally, I'd like to run Solaris within an emulator or in a dual-boot partition. Can anyone give me some suggestions to send me in the right direction? Thanks so much. ---------- Post updated at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ediverson
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing centos dual boot with ubuntu

I have installed ubuntu desktop on my hard drive and I gave it all the hard drive. Now I want to repatriate the hard disk and give half of it to anther ext4. How do I do that? Can I do it fron with in the ubuntu? Second when I install the centos, how can I make to recognize the ubuntu and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

10. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)