Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: back up probelm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers back up probelm Post 12331 by clemeot on Thursday 27th of December 2001 03:28:49 AM
Old 12-27-2001
i had did backup with rewind tape command, it is working as normal. The rewind command i used in HP unix is like this:

mt -t /dev/rmt/0m rew

actually u can set the block size on the command but i am not sure how it exactly look like, u can refer to this command below:

tar cvfb -20 * | remsh 123.456.789.00 dd of=/dev/rmt/0m obs=20b

note:
b=blocksize, dd= drive as directory, 20b=blocksize is 20

i think "tar cvb -20 . "also can work, try this.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with back up please

Can anyone please tell me how safe is the following backup script? Does it really backing up the WHOLE system or just part of it? I do that with the system running an oracle database. Will I be able to restore the system in case of a fault? <pre> Here is the output of 'df -k' ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
11 Replies

2. Programming

probelm with purify

Hi, I am using purify to find memory leak in my process. When I run the instrumented program I get error I donot have this file in the specified directory. Instead I have following files in the directory /usr/lib/nls/loc/locales.2 What should I do in such case? I undersatnd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

python probelm

Colleagues when i types python in console my system shows following error message python: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libdb.so.3: ELF file OS ABI invalid Any solution. My machine is Fedora Core 6 jaganadh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
4 Replies

4. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop probelm

for index in `find /technologies -name *.jar | grep "/lib"`; do echo "$index"; done sometimes its throwing error saying find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but i execute same in cmd prompt its working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Probelm setting a variable to $* in C Shell

Trying to put all command line arguments to the script in a variable msgst01 $* does not seem to work set msgst01 = $* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

I'm back

Hi all, I used to post here years ago, and was a moderator, my old username: zazzybob. Anyway, after a few years away focusing on my career, I'm back and keener than ever to get involved in the unix.com community again. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, helping... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokiwinter
11 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)