Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! "Put" command from telnet session Post 12328 by LivinFree on Thursday 27th of December 2001 01:47:06 AM
Old 12-27-2001
Well, ftp is meant to transfer files while telnet itself really isn't. You can see if you can use "kermit" or "zmodem" to transfer the file. Depending on the telnet client, you may be able to cut and paste into a text file (if that's what it is)...

Hope that helps at least a little.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Linux

Session "hijacking" - Recover lost session

Hi Guys, Is there a way to recover a lost session? I was working in a server and that lost the connection, now, I have a new session but all the previous processes that I was running, like scripts, etc, are still running. Is there a way to bring them to my session? Best regards, Marco. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

"authentication failure" then "session opened". Why?

Ssh connections using shared public keys issue “authentication failure” messages, then succeed with “session opened”. I have found a few other threads with similar issue, but no solutions offered. :wall: How can I eliminate the failure messages? Environment: $ uname -a Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KennyCason
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to put "top" command in crontob?

Hi, how to put "top" command in crontab through script in suse linux. Below script is working fine, but it is not working when sheduled in crontab script scheduled in cron: health.sh --------- #! /bin/ksh top |head -5 >output.txt Thanks Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
TELNET-PROBE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   TELNET-PROBE(1)

NAME
telnet-probe - lightweight telnet-like port probe SYNOPSIS
$PCP_BINADM_DIR/telnet-probe [-c] [-v] host port DESCRIPTION
telnet-probe allows the pmdashping(1) daemons to establish connections to arbitrary local and remote service-providing daemons so that response time and service availability information can be obtained. The required host and port number arguments have the same meaning as their telnet(1) equivalents. The -c option causes telnet-probe to perform a connect(2) only. This skips the read(2) and write(2) exercise that would otherwise be done after connecting (see below). The -v option causes telnet-probe to be verbose while operating. Once the telnet connection has been established, telnet-probe reads from stdin until end-of-file, and writes all the input data to the tel- net connection. Next, telnet-probe will read from the telnet connection until end-of-file, discarding whatever data it receives. Then telnet-probe exits. To operate successfully, the input passed via telnet-probe to the remote service must be sufficient to cause the remote service to close the connection when the last line of input has been processed, e.g. ending with ``quit'' when probing SMTP on port 25. By default telnet-probe will not produce any output, unless there is an error in which case a diagnostic message can be displayed (in ver- bose mode only) and the exit status will be non-zero indicating a failure. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). DIAGNOSTICS
If telnet-probe succeeds, then 0 will be returned. If the attempt to establish a connection fails or is terminated, then a non-zero exit status is returned. SEE ALSO
PCPintro(1), pmdashping(1), pmie(1), telnet(1), connect(2), read(2) and write(2). Performance Co-Pilot PCP TELNET-PROBE(1)